Propulsion Systems Analyst
Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
ABL's Propulsion Systems Analysts develop and apply the analytical tools needed to design and operate the engines and pressurization systems on the rocket, creating robust machines that just work, from propellant load through to payload deployment.
From analytical tool development, architecture definition, testing, to data assessment and management of engine systems, the Propulsion Systems Analyst's scope is broad and multi-disciplinary. Good Propulsion Systems Analysts recognize that their ownership of a product is fully inclusive - they are responsible for dreaming, designing, developing, building, qualifying, and flying their hardware.
- Develop propulsion specific analysis capabilities to define propulsion system architecture
- Interface with propulsion testing to enable the rapid assessment of data through automation and drive rapid test cadence
- Utilize tools to automate test sequence development
- Lead propulsion software management using Git
- Primary engine system interface with GNC
- B.S. in any engineering discipline from an accredited university
- 2+ years of industry experience in a systems fluids analysis or software role
- Hands-on extracurricular projects or internships/co-ops
One of the following experience bases:
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ability to program with Python and C++
- Strong understanding of compressible/incompressible flow and thermodynamics
- Knowledge of SQL Databases, mass data storage, and rapid retrieval
- Working with government developed propulsion FORTRAN tools
- Strong fundamentals in numerical methods
- Propulsion test experience with National Instruments based data acquisition systems
What We Look For
- 1. Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the "why" behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes.
- 2. Ability to deal with ambiguity: there is no roadmap and ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- 3. End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.