Corporate Counsel or Senior Corporate Counsel
Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
Build with us. ABL is a tight team with big goals. That means we need all hands on deck. At ABL, every person takes ownership of their work, and understands how it impacts our mission. Accessing space doesn’t need to be expensive, complicated, or difficult, and we’re building the systems, CONOPS, and organization to prove it.
ABL's Corporate Counsel will play a pivotal role in growing ABL’s legal team of the future. You will have immediate impact and opportunities in all area of the business. If you are creative, intelligent, and interested in taking on novel and complex international issues, ABL wants to hear from you!
Preferred interest or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Creative and cutting-edge international trade and business operations
- Complex contract negotiation
- Government contracting
- 1-5 years top tier law firm or in-house experience, preferably in the aerospace or defense industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Law Degree from ABA-approved law school
- Active Bar membership with ability to register as in-house counsel in California
What We Look For:
- Critical thinking: ABL’s corporate team understands the "why" behind all legal and compliance decisions.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: there is no roadmap and ABL’s corporate team must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for implementation; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work.
- The Corporate Counsel may be required to travel.
- Title and Salary DOE.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.