Senior Production Coordinator
Los Angeles, California /
Engineering – Engineering /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As a Senior Production Coordinator, you will be responsible for controlling the flow of the assembly shop. This is a critical end to end ownership opportunity which will help keep build and assembly on schedule by writing production schedules and ordering all components necessary to make us successful. ABL is a fast-paced environment with a passion for building and documenting everything correctly the first time.
- Generate purchase orders for all outsourcing operations pertaining to manufacturing including heat treat, anodize, passivation, raw material, HIP and any tools needed for machine shop
- Work with vendors on expediting hardware to meet production requirements
- Release and track all engine and propulsion component work orders up to the top-level engine BOM and maintain work order/instance accuracy or make adjustments as needed
- Develop engine build schedules to allocate assembly resources and track build times to update ERP system
- Maintain build of materials and ensure BOM accuracy
- Push/Pull work into the shop to improve turnaround times
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of professional manufacturing scheduling experience
- 4+ years of practical experience with ERP/MRP in a manufacturing environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of practical experience with MRP/ERP in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
- Attention to detail as this can be critical for flight components
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.