Build Reliability Lead
Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
BUILD RELIABILITY LEAD
El Segundo, CA, United States
We build rockets to launch small satellites
ABL Space Systems (ABL) was founded in 2017, by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley, to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. ABL is headquartered in El Segundo, California, where it has more than 30,000 square feet of facilities for research, development, and production. ABL is a privately-owned corporation backed by a premier group of investors.
We are a tight team with big goals. That means we need all hands on deck. At ABL, every person takes ownership of their work, and understands how it impacts our mission. Accessing space doesn’t need to be expensive, complicated, or difficult, and we’re building the systems, CONOPS, and organization to prove it. Our team has come together to pursue mastery of our domains and build something bigger than ourselves. We are proud to serve the people pushing the frontiers of space technology. Our goals are ambitious. The work is challenging. We take a deep personal responsibility for everything we make. Driven by great people and greater talent, ABL is reimagining the next generation of space launches.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
BUILD RELIABILITY LEAD
As a Build Reliability Lead, you will be responsible for developing and managing programs and processes to enable building high quality launch vehicles. You will drive initiatives with technical leadership and work across functions to standardize operations to facilitate the rapid building of hardware. This includes but is not limited to managing the AS9100 certification process, issue tickets, and engineering change orders. We are looking for a Build Reliability Lead who is action oriented and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Define, develop, and lead ABL's build reliability program to include all processes and programs
- Manage the AS9100 certification process and implement systems and processes
- Manage the issue ticket and engineering change order programs
- Collaborate with technical and corporate leadership to drive operational process improvements
- 5-7 year's experience with quality, manufacturing, or design engineering
- Experience supporting AS9100 certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management and program management skills
- Bachelors degree in electrical, manufacturing, mechanical, or material sciences engineering
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Led AS9100 certification process
- Experience with quality tools such as Lean principles, Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, and Corrective Actions
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
ABL Space Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ABL Space Systems is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.