Business Systems Analyst
Los Angeles, California /
Engineering – Application Software /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
ABL's Business Systems Analyst directly supports our business software (internal and 3rd party) that serves as the foundation for operating and scaling our business. In this role, the Business System Analyst will synthesize diverse streams of inputs and facilitate the full spectrum of tasks involved in building and supporting critical software that is used to simplify processes to design, build, test, and launch rockets.
- Troubleshoot and investigate root cause of software bugs and determine viability of new features
- Advise business stakeholders on ways to make processes more efficient and employees more productive
- Work with all departments to understand common frustrations, hindrances, and other issues that interrupt their workflow
- Market and communicate new features to business stakeholders
- Create and maintain help documentation for new and existing features
- Analyze our growing business needs and drive continuous improvements to our business applications
- Review and implement stakeholder feedback
- Write ad hoc data queries and build reports to understand application usage and support end-user data needs
- Identify and communicate project risks and recommend solutions
- Work with end-users to document functional test scenarios, test plans, and acceptance testing criteria
- Translate business requirements into system definitions and solutions with little oversight
- Assist software engineers with designing new features/applications by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Participate in technical design sessions, working with technical resources, to provide insight during solution development
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited university or college in business, management information systems, computer information systems, computer science, engineering, or similar technical discipline
- 0 – 3 years of experience in business analysis, product management, applications/software development, or ERP systems support
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Exemplary customer service and communication skills across various levels of an organization including senior leadership
- Exceptional project management skills and comfort working under pressure, prioritizing, and balancing competing tasks
- Experience with agile software development methodology and designing enterprise business applications
- Experience in writing software specifications, including business requirements, use cases, and interface specifications
- Domain expertise in Manufacturing and Supply Chain organizations
- Able to create wireframes and storyboards using industry standard tools
- Proven experience in complex data driven problem solving
- Experience with programming languages such as python
What We Look For
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the "why" behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.