IT Operations Technician
El Segundo, California /
Corporate – Information Technology /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve technology issues by providing white-glove customer service over the phone/email and in-person.
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware and software including workstations, laptops, laser printers, networked copiers, scanners, mobile tablets, and video conferencing equipment.
- Effectively document problems and solutions through an internal ticketing system
- Perform asset inventory management, including monitoring, reporting, patching, and planning.
- Perform user onboarding (including technology-related tutorials)
- Identify persistent problems in the environment and work with team member to deliver effective solutions.
- Support Senior Level Management in the office, travel, and home environments.
- Interact with hardware vendors and service providers as needed, to close open issues.
- Administration of Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Endpoint Management (Intune), Microsoft Office365 (including Teams, SharePoint, Exchange, and OneDrive), CrowdStrike and Salesforce.
- Maintain an internal technology knowledge base.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent experience working in a helpdesk or internal IT support environment; or 6+ years of professional experience in lieu of a degree
- 2+ years working knowledge and roles of networks, firewalls, switches, and router infrastructure to be able to support troubleshooting enterprise tool and employee systems.
- 2+ years’ experience setting up and supporting Windows and Mac devices and troubleshooting
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Managed and used enterprise tools such as Office 365 user setups, Azure Active Directory, inventory management system, video conferencing, and VOIP telephone systems: 2+ years’ experience.
- Strong people skills. Ability to listen, to communicate and to relate to others on a personal or professional level. Good people skills also extend to include problem-solving abilities, empathy for others and a willingness to work together toward the common good.
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal
- Extensive hands-on hardware troubleshooting and equipment support experience
- Extensive software troubleshooting experience with a comprehensive understanding of Microsoft’s Office products and Cloud services (including Azure AD and Endpoint Management)
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Looking for a highly motivated individual who is eager to contribute to a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into PC and software issues and products as required.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Experience using Atlassian Suite (JIRA and Confluence)
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events, and test outcomes.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment.
- Must be willing to travel 25% of the time
$27 - $35 an hour
The hourly range for this role is $27 - $35. This is the lowest to highest rate we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.