IT Helpdesk Support
Los Angeles, California /
Corporate – Information Technology /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve technology issues by providing white-glove customer service over the phone/email and in-person.
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware and software including workstations, laptops, laser printers, networked copiers, scanners, mobile tablets, and video conferencing equipment.
- Effectively document problems and solutions through an internal ticketing system
- Perform asset inventory management, including monitoring, reporting, patching, and planning.
- Perform user onboarding (including technology-related tutorials)
- Identify persistent problems in the environment and work with team member to deliver effective solutions.
- Support Senior Level Management in the office, travel, and home environments.
- Interact with hardware vendors and service providers as needed, to close open issues.
- Administration of Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Endpoint Management (Intune), Microsoft Office365 (including Teams, SharePoint, Exchange, and OneDrive), CrowdStrike and Salesforce.
- Maintain an internal technology knowledge base.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal
- Extensive hands-on hardware troubleshooting and equipment support experience
- Extensive software troubleshooting experience with a comprehensive understanding of Microsoft’s Office products and Cloud services (including Azure AD and Endpoint Management)
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Looking for a highly motivated individual who is eager to contribute to a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into PC and software issues and products as required.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Ability to present ideas professionally, in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- Experience using Atlassian Suite (JIRA and Confluence)
- 5 years of relevant work experience with 2 years minimum in the asset management industry
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent experience working in a helpdesk or internal IT support environment.
- 2-3 years working knowledge and roles of networks, firewalls, switches, and router infrastructure to be able to support troubleshooting enterprise tool and employee systems.
- Hands-on experience setting up and supporting Windows and Mac devices. Must have strong knowledge of Windows 10 and Mac OS setups and troubleshooting: 2-3 years’ experience.
- Managed and used enterprise tools such as Office 365 user setups, Azure Active Directory, inventory management system, video conferencing, and VOIP telephone systems: 2-3 years’ experience.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and be comfortable with change.
- Strong people skills. Ability to listen, to communicate and to relate to others on a personal or professional level. Good people skills also extend to include problem-solving abilities, empathy for others and a willingness to work together toward the common good.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events, and test outcomes.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.