El Segundo, California
Corporate – Sites and Developments /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
Manager, Process Control
ABL is looking for a passionate and empathetic manager for the Process Control team. This is a key leadership position within the Process Control organization. This role is based in ABL headquarters in El Segundo, CA and responsible for multiple satellite inventory locations. Our goal is to become a leader in materials management with a focus on excellent customer service, super-fast response times, and high inventory accuracy. As ABL continues to innovate and pave the way for future development, this leader needs to be able to adapt their team to the ever-changing needs of the organization. This role will be responsible for leading both the day-to-day materials management operations, while also driving the necessary strategic projects and process improvements to take the organization to the next level and respond to the evolving needs of the business.
- Perform to both the materials management goals and objectives, but also to those of the internal customers across the El Segundo, Long Beach, Mojave, & PSCA campus.
- Manage a large hourly workforce across 6 days-a-week operations across two shifts for multiple sites.
- Conduct regular safety walks, address safety issues, and promote safety policies– with the goal of zero OSHA recordables annually.
- Ensure business practices are being followed to ensure the processing of product in a quality manner and meet AS9100 standards.
- Lead internal and external audits pertaining to the materials management organization.
- Manage the comprehensive inventory lifecycle ensuring cycle counting procedures are routinely followed and costs are optimized.
- Drive projects and changes that contribute to materials management’s ongoing improvement.
- Ensure procedures are routinely being followed for shelf-life storage and maintain proper rotation of stock, “first-in/first-out” (FIFO) or other requirements as indicated by specifications or customer flow-downs.
- Ensure the appropriate environmental controls are effective and maintained to keep product safe and maintain the necessary quality.
- Actively monitor and grow the workforce, ensuring team members are challenged and performing at the expected standards. Mentor and develop a leadership team of leads. Conduct weekly one-on-ones with direct reports, while routinely conduct one-on-ones and employee roundtables with the rest of the workforce in this organization.
- Perform administrative duties, including but not limited to, approving timecards, scheduling workforce to support operations, establishing employee goals and completing regular performance reviews and calibrations.
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory/managerial position
- 5+ years of experience within materials management, supply chain, or production/manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, science, engineering, or other technical discipline
- APICS certification in supply chain - CPIM or CSCP
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience within an aerospace, aviation, or automotive manufacturing environment
- High degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to integrate technology to reduce costs and/or drive automation projections
- Familiarity with Microsoft applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project)
- Experience with strategic planning, project scoping, budgeting, and scheduling for both a day-to-day tasks as well as overall strategic quarterly plans
- Logistics certification – CTL
- Lean/6-sigma experience (green/black belt certifications)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/cross-functional environment while maintaining on-time project completion and driving process improvement
- Demonstrate innovative and futuristic thinking to drive continuous improvement
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with other department to improve processes and drive outcomes
- Effective communication (written, verbal)
- Ability to work with constrained timelines and ambiguous instruction
- Responsible decision-making
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties, the employee will typically work in an office environment but may be required to work in the felid to update, ore maintain drawings
$92,000 - $126,500 a year
The salary range for this role is $92,000.00 - $126,500.00. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.