Los Angeles, California /
Corporate – Information Technology /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure test, and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test applications to prevent bottlenecks and identify solution.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support.
- Communicate with vendors and other IT personnel.
- Knowledge of operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows and Active Directory
- Knowledge of authentication and directory services (Active Directory), etc.
- Knowledge with Windows system management tools, philosophies, and method
- Understanding of Windows automation(scripting, imaging, installation, management)
- Knowledge of antivirus/malware and patch management technologies
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking (DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN)
- Knowledge of collaborative technologies, such as Microsoft Exchange
- Deep understanding of virtualization concepts and functional working skills with various virtualization technologies (create/modify virtual machines, create storage groups, snapshot, clone/export, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of VMware and AWS infrastructures.
- Strong knowledge of shared storage concepts and functional working skills with various shared storage technologies (provisioning LUNs, expanding volumes, configuring RAID, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of network concepts and functional working skills with various network technologies (create vLAN, create static route, diagnose routing problems, configure ports, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Windows and network security best practices and strategies
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of Windows System Administration experience
- 5+ years of experience with MS Exchange
- Strong experience with O365 and Azure
- Experience working an enterprise-level environment.
- Great communication skills
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.