Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
We build rockets to launch small satellites
ABL Space Systems (ABL) was founded in 2017, by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley, to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. ABL is headquartered in El Segundo, California, where it has more than 30,000 square feet of facilities for research, development, and production. ABL is a privately-owned corporation backed by a premier group of investors.
We are a tight team with big goals. That means we need all hands-on deck. At ABL, every person takes ownership of their work, and understands how it impacts our mission. Accessing space doesn’t need to be expensive, complicated, or difficult, and we’re building the systems, CONOPS, and organization to prove it. Our team has come together to pursue mastery of our domains and build something bigger than ourselves. We are proud to serve the people pushing the frontiers of space technology. Our goals are ambitious. The work is challenging. We take a deep personal responsibility for everything we make. Driven by great people and greater talent, ABL is reimagining the next generation of space launches.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Manage and maintain MDM for apple devices.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with MDM required
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certification as a Microsoft Systems Engineer preferred
- Technical knowledge and experience with O365
- Excellent project management skills and strong interpersonal, problem-solving, prioritization, conflict resolution, analytical, influence, facilitation, negotiation and time and resource management skills.
- High aptitude for quality documentation of technical processes
- Strong, attentive listening skills with the ability/willingness to learn about business, system, and organizational change.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and resources in a dynamic environment across various sites and organize complex information.
- Strong knowledge of organizational procedures and policies, products, and services
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
ABL Space Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ABL Space Systems is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.