Production Control Coordinator - Avionics
Los Angeles, California /
Manufacturing – Process Control /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
The Production Control Coordinator is a linchpin role within ABL’s manufacturing and production teams. Production Control Coordinators work in support of all production leadership staff to ensure the one-time delivery of components and assemblies.
- Monitor, track, and move parts as required through the production flow to ensure timely delivery to next production location.
- Coordinate physical movement of parts through receiving, inspection, stock rooms, purchasing, production resources or any applicable work center within ABL.
- Promote workflow consistency and accuracy across the company while working to drive down internal logistics lead-time
- Ensure parts are handled and protected properly and within ABL specifications.
- Perform Basic “just in-time” Inventory transactions within SIA, receiving in completed Work Orders, directly kitting up assemblies fulfilling open demand against next/upper-level Work Orders.
- Coordinate off-site processing of parts to ensure on-time delivery as required.
- Work with the planning, procurement, engineering, and production teams to ensure our MRP/ERP data is and remains clean and accurate.
- Assist with resolution of incorrect system data which is driving inappropriate demand, schedules, or could result in general failure.
- Analyze available data and develop metrics as required to drive optimal results.
- Work with production personnel to ensure metric goals are understood.
- Work with production supervisors and managers to ensure all metrics driven action requirements are completed.
- Develop and maintain reports to highlight needs, deliverables and constraints as required for internal customer use.
- Communicate part status and estimated completion dates to leadership weekly.
- Assist production leadership and project teams with action item updates as required.
- Support logistics process through innovative staging of workflow as required.
- Support management of material certifications as required – prevent use of un-certified materials.
- Support production and inventory personnel with “return to stock” and inventory purge actions.
- Support purchase requisition creation for scheduled contract work as required.
- Organize and maintain the physical and electronic library for production related tooling and calibration database as required.
- Support projects or productivity development activities within assigned production cells.
- Support assigned production cells with work order management activities as required.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic Inventory experience
- Have an understanding of ESD practices and material handling.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of experience handling parts in a manufacturing setting.
- Fluent in ESD practices and material handling.
- Strong computer skills, familiar with the full suite of MS Office products.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in organizing files and documents.
- Inventory experience.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Experience in aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic manufacturing environments.
- SQL, Tableau, Confluence, and Smartsheet experience.
- APICS certification.
- Available for all shifts (1st shift: 6 AM to 4:30 PM or 2nd shift 4:30 PM to 3 AM), overtime, and/or weekends as needed.
- Able to lift 25 lbs unassisted.
- Able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum.
The hourly rate for this role is $23 - $38.40. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.