Los Angeles, California /
Corporate – Finance /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
The Finance Associate will hold key responsibilities on the Finance team and will play a crucial role in helping develop and maintain strategic financial analysis of numerous programs as our company grows.
The Financial Analyst is an internal role that reports directly to the Finance Operations Manager. We are looking for someone with a passion for finance and data analysis and willingness to grow within the department. Ambitious and curious, the ideal candidate will feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment and helping develop and maintain materials for management presentation.
- Work closely with the Accounting team to prepare month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial reports
- Assist in the tracking and reporting of R&D budget spend
- Assist in inventory analysis, including development of part- and assembly-cost models in a highly verticalized production environment
- Help analyze of time tracking data to report on contract profitability, labor and overhead costs, etc.
- Distribute budget reports to department heads on a monthly basis; provide variance analysis and other KPIs
- Provide support to Corporate Development team on key financial data and figures
- Ad-hoc reports in support of proposals and BD team
- Ability to develop relationships and promote collaboration between Finance, Engineering, and Production teams
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 2-3 years of finance and/or accounting experience
- Comfort with large amounts of data, filtering, sorting, and auditing data sets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; strong Excel skills (Pivot tables, Vlookup, IF function)
- Familiar with GAAP accounting standards
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Manufacturing and/ or inventory analysis a plus
- SQL or other BI reporting
What We Look For
- Critical thinking: ABL employees understand the "why" behind all decisions, operational events and target outcomes.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: there is not always a roadmap and ABL employees must be comfortable defining their own path to an objective.
- End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete; there is no one to pick up the slack on partially complete work.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.