Environmental Health and Safety Lead
Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
ABL’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager ensures the company is compliant with pertinent federal, state, and local regulations.
The EHS Manager is responsible for architecting, implementing, and maintaining the EHS compliance program. The manager will drive key policies and procedures to mitigate risk and shape the operations culture of the company. This position is of strategic value and will be a core asset to ABL.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive EHS program that includes, but is not limited to, policy development, training management, and internal auditing
- Ensure proper documentation and accurate reporting to support compliance efforts
- Track program progress, efficacy, and develop solutions to address challenges
- Partner with management, employees, and external stakeholders in support of program implementation
- Assist in other compliance domains as needed
- Responsibilities may include additional special projects assigned by company leadership
- 5+ years experience developing and implementing Environmental, Health, and Safety programs
- Possess a thorough understanding of federal, state, and local EHS related regulations
- Experience managing EHS programs that apply to multiple facilities
- Experience with program and project management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing an EHS program for an industrial company
Preferred Skills and Experience
- BA/BS in an Environmental, Safety, or Health related field
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth organization
- Able to work autonomously and is a self-starter
- Manage changing priorities, able to operate in ambiguous environments
- Experience in the aerospace industry
What We Look For
- 1. Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the "why" behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes.
- 2. Ability to deal with ambiguity: there is no roadmap and ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- 3. End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.