Environmental Health and Safety Lead
Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
ABL’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Lead ensures the company is compliant with pertinent federal, state, and local regulations.
The EHS Lead is responsible for architecting, implementing, and maintaining the EHS compliance program. This role will drive key policies and procedures to mitigate risk and shape the operations culture of the company. This position is of strategic value and will be a core asset to ABL.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive EHS program that includes, but is not limited to, policy, program and process development, training management, and internal auditing and inspections
- Partner with employees, and external stakeholders implement EHS programs
- Ensure proper documentation and accurate reporting
- Track program progress, efficacy, and develop solutions to EHS challenges
- Develop EHS programs for future locations and launch operations
- Assist in other compliance domains as needed
- Responsibilities may include additional special projects assigned by company leadership
- 5+ years experience developing and implementing Environmental, Health, and Safety programs
- Possess a thorough understanding of federal, state, and local EHS related regulations
- Experience with hazardous field operations
- Experience with program and project management
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Preferred Skills and Experience
- BA/BS in an Environmental, Safety, or Health related field
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth organization
- Able to work autonomously and is a self-starter
- Manage changing priorities, able to operate in ambiguous environments
- Experience managing EHS programs that apply to multiple facilities
- Experience in the aerospace industry
What We Look For
- 1. Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the "why" behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes.
- 2. Ability to deal with ambiguity: there is no roadmap and ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- 3. End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.