Mojave, California /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As a Launch Technician, you will be responsible for performing critical operations towards vehicle launch. You will be traveling from site to site to ensure mission success. This includes supporting multiple departments to ensure timeline and schedule towards successful missions. We are looking for someone who enjoys solving complex issues and can work effectively in a fast-paced environment and share our passion for building.
- Build and maintain Launch facilities Including propellant, high pressure, and cryogenic systems
- Work alongside engineers to execute procedures effectively to balance safety and mission
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance on fluid system, mechanical, and electrical systems
- Integration of key components and hardware, along with engine, vehicle checkouts.
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years of hands-on technical experience
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 50+ lbs
- Must be able to travel and work in extreme climates
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Candidate should have minimum experience of 3 years working with Pressurization and cryogenics. As well as being capable to adapting to any climate to complete the mission
- Able to diligently and safely follow hazardous Launch operation procedures
- Proficiency with hand tools, lathes and drill presses, welding, electrical harnessing, forklifts and other light machinery
- Ability to Interpret plumbing and Instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the "why" behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: there is no roadmap and ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.