Seattle, Washington /
Corporate – Business Operations /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As a Proposal Manager you will have a strong sense of ownership, bias for action, and be able to work accurately when under pressure to meet tight deadlines. You will be responsible for a wide range of activities associated with delivering compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer-defined requirements and timelines. You will part of a very fast-paced team, entrusted to a wide range of unsupervised decisions affecting the prioritization, importance, and speed of business at ABL.
- Assemble and coordinate with cross-functional teams (Engineering, Mission Management, Business Development, Legal, and Finance) to deliver compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer-defined requirements and timelines
- Conduct proposal planning/scheduling, detailed RFP analysis, proposal kick-offs, provide small group and one-on-one coaching/guidance to team members and lead the teams through proposal product development to delivery
- Scale and manage internal government and commercial proposal processes including bid/no bid documentation, review cycles, and content repositories
- Develop proposal artifacts, such as the proposal outline, compliance matrix, templates, schedule, and delivery plan
- Manage the process for asking questions of the Customer
- Monitor external industry sites for potential opportunities, RFPs, and bidding instructions
- Prepare for delivery of all proposal documents for submittal
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of proposal development experience with demonstrated experience supporting large-complex government bids
- Experience as a volume lead or proposal writing and ability to draft past performance, management, and technical sections
- Strong time management and task prioritization skills required to ensure timely submittal of project bids required
- Training and/or certifications in formal proposal methodologies (ex. Shipley- preferred) and Industry-wide best practices in proposal management (APMP).
- Advanced MS Office, MS SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, and desktop publishing skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to serve as a copyeditor for final proposal products
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience managing large-complex commercial bids
- Experience establishing, growing, and managing a proposal team preferred
- Government contracts experience
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- APMP CF/PP preferred but not required
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL employees understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events, and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL employees must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: Your projects are delivered fully complete and ready to execute
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.