IT Help Desk Associate
Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Manage the enterprise ticketing process in JIRA
- Implement and manage automation tools and frameworks
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems, procedures, and data security
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Monitor the status, reliability and performance of our deployed software, detecting issues quickly and driving quality improvement over time
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical hardware and/or software issues
- Provide needed information on IT products or services
- Maintain technical documentation and service catalog on installation of software, configuration of hardware and problem troubleshooting
- Assist with other IT workflows as required
- Experience working as an IT Help Desk Technician
- Strong working knowledge of Linux and Windows Servers
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Understanding of general software and application architectures
- Experience with debugging issues across multiple layers in a complex system
- Understanding of database server administration experience
- Understanding of Microsoft active directory
What We Look For
- 1. Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the "why" behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes.
- 2. Ability to deal with ambiguity: there is no roadmap and ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- 3. End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.