Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
We build rockets to launch small satellites.
ABL Space Systems (ABL) was founded in 2017, by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley, to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. ABL is headquartered in El Segundo, California, where it has more than 30,000 square feet of facilities for research, development, and production. ABL is a privately-owned corporation backed by a premier group of investors.
At ABL we embrace:
· Revolutionary Simplicity
· Extreme Efficiency, Everywhere
· The Ability to Launch Rapidly, from Anywhere
· All Mission Types, All the Time
We are a tight team with big goals. That means we need all hands-on deck. At ABL, every person takes ownership of their work, and understands how it impacts our mission. Accessing space doesn’t need to be expensive, complicated, or difficult, and we’re building the systems, CONOPS, and organization to prove it. Our team has come together to pursue mastery of our domains and build something bigger than ourselves. We are proud to serve the people pushing the frontiers of space technology. Our goals are ambitious. The work is challenging. We take a deep personal responsibility for everything we make. Driven by great people and greater talent, ABL is reimagining the next generation of space launches.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side.
As an Executive Assistant you will have a strong sense of ownership, bias for action, and be able to work accurately when under pressure to meet tight deadlines. You will be responsible for a wide range of activities including management of complex and dynamic executive calendars, tracking key deliverables, and leading the coordination of domestic and international travel. You will part of a very fast-paced team, entrusted to a wide range of unsupervised decisions affecting the prioritization, importance, and speed of business at ABL.
- Coordinate meetings, manage schedules, make appointments, manage expense reports, and provide other general assistance as required
- Serve as a liaison for external partners and internal teams for scheduling.
- Assist the executive team on long-term projects and strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel with detailed itineraries.
- Perform potentially confidential and complex administrative duties involving Excel, Word and PowerPoint including, typing letters, creating/updating spreadsheets, and compiling presentations.
- Ensure communications are clear, thorough, and specific, with attention to follow-through.
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail, ability to adapt to daily schedules and routines, and a focus on efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Provide project management and maintain momentum on high-priority projects.
- 5+ years senior level administrative support experience
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office
- Agility and flexibility in response to changing priorities and needs
- Solution-oriented with good judgment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to handle confidential material with the utmost discretion
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Experience using JIRA, CRM software, and/or other project management systems
- Familiarity or experience with the aerospace industry
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Critical thinking: ABL employees understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events, and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL employees must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: Your projects are delivered fully complete and ready to execute
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
ABL Space Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ABL Space Systems is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.