Senior Associate, Corporate Development
El Segundo, California /
Corporate – Corporate Development /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
This will be a highly visible and integral role on the dynamic, tight-knit Corporate Development team. At ABL, Corporate Development is responsible for preparation and execution of corporate transactions, developing long-term business plans, evaluating growth opportunities, and supporting investor relations. The role has a strong mix of financial and business strategy that directly impacts the growth and success of ABL.
The work on our Corporate Development team is high impact and stimulating. This role will be expected to lead workstreams from end-to-end to deliver precise, high-quality content in a fast-paced environment. Self-driven prioritization, personal accountability, and high standards of work are key to excelling in the role.
The Senior Associate, Corporate Development will report directly to the Senior Manager of Corporate Development.
- Building new and maintaining existing bottom-up financial, market, operating, and business case models to support ABL’s strategic objectives
- Long-term strategic financial modeling including forecasting revenue, costs, cash flow, and investments in R&D
- Developing and preparing transaction materials to support fundraising and investment strategy
- Storyboarding and building presentations to support corporate transactions, business updates, board meetings, and strategic planning
- Conducting due diligence to support M&A strategy and draft investment memos for leadership
- Researching and analyzing industries, technology segments, and business models to provide the Corporate Development team and leadership with differentiated insight to drive decisions
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 4+ years of work experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, corporate strategy, or corporate development
- Experience preparing for and executing corporate transactions
- Strong experience building new financial, operating, and valuation models
- Strong storyboarding, content creation, and presentation skills
- Cap table modeling
- Due diligence
- Strong understanding of financial statements
- Strong financial, research, and analytical skills to generate insights and present concise recommendations
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent technical, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Excellent qualitative skills and strong work ethic
- Ability to be self-motivated, highly focused on results, and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills and focus to own work end-to-end
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to deliver concise, thoughtful perspectives in group settings
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable sorting through ambiguity and effectively balancing competing workstreams
- A keen interest in understanding market trends, competitive dynamics, and the value chain
- Fluency and strong technical acumen with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, CapIQ
- Experience with or knowledge of the launch industry and space ecosystem
- Knowledge of M&A and capital markets trends
- Ability to perform commercial + operational due diligence to assess business plans and craft investment memos
- Experience working on M&A due diligence and integration planning
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL employees understand the "why" behind all decisions, operational events and target outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: there is not always a roadmap and ABL employees must be comfortable defining their own path to an objective
- End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete; there is no one to pick up the slack on partially complete work
- The ideal candidate is an independent and collaborative thinker who is growth oriented, self-driven, generates new ideas + ways of working more effectively who can make rational, data-based arguments, works effectively with cross-functional teams, and thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
$115,000 - $175,000 a year
The salary range for this role is $115,000 - $175,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.