Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As a Dynamics engineer, you will be responsible for high frequency dynamics for current and future vehicles. This includes performing random vibration, vibro-acoustic, and shock analyses for engine dynamics, payload environments, separation events, etc. You will also be designing and supporting vibro-acoustic, random vibration, and shock test campaigns to increase model fidelity and qualify flight hardware. Finally, you will be instrumental in collecting/analyzing flight data to further refine vehicle environments and make design improvements.
You will be working closely with all engineering and business development teams with short turn analysis times, so a willingness to efficiently solve cross-disciplinary problems Is a must. This is a role that contributes to every mission and every flight we fly as we continue to reimagine the future of space launches.
- Build models to perform random vibration, vibro-acoustic, and shock analysis
- Design, support, and analyze structural dynamics tests
- Perform and lead cross-disciplinary analysis to drive the requirements and design based on modeling and test results
- Review flight data and anchor results to analysis tools and models
- B.S. from an accredited university
- Competency using Matlab and/or Python
- Proficiency in finite element, statistical energy, and boundary modeling techniques.
- Strong fundamentals In Launch Vehicle environments
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency in Actran, wave6 or equivalent SEA program
- Experience in random vibration, acoustic, shock testing
- Experience in NASTRAN or equivalent FEA program
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.