Process Controller - 2nd shift (Mojave)
Mojave, California /
Manufacturing – Process Control /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
A Process Controller is a linchpin role within ABL’s Supply Chain teams. Maintaining Inventory accuracy, part traceability, and material management. Process Controllers work in support of all production leadership staff to ensure the on-time delivery of components and assemblies to the production floor.
This is a second shift position.
- Receive, store and issue raw material, parts, details, and hardware to support shop operations
- Store parts and materials in bins, drawers, and racks, identifying part and stored location
- Perform picking function to make up necessary kits of parts, material and hardware as required, ascertaining that all parts are available and accounted in kits
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with procedures
- Monitor shelf-life storage and maintain proper rotation of stock
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers, quantity, and revisions
- Issue material against approved paperwork such as affixing verification and traceability on required serialized and/or lotted parts before issuing
- Validate lot trace
- Perform cycle counts
- Perform good housekeeping chores in area
- Support the organizations metric goals and objectives
- Abide by all procedures, desk instructions and standard operating documents
- Support shipping of hardware between sites.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of inventory control experience in a warehouse
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of inventory control experience in a warehouse
- ERP system experience (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience and understanding of inventory and kitting processes
- Experience operating a forklift and other related inventory equipment
- Experience within the aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic fields
- Availability to travel in support of and for training to all ABL sites as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
$23 - $38.40 an hour
The hourly rate for this role is $23.00 - $38.40 This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.