El Segundo, California /
Manufacturing – Process Control /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
The Process Control team is a hybrid organization that operates at the confluence of inventory management, shipping and receiving, purchasing, demand planning and production control. To be an effective launch provider, ABL must produce issue-free launch vehicles. Process Control is at the forefront of support these efforts and ensures clear traceability and accuracy of materials to facilitate flight vehicle integration and production.
This role is open to both first and second shift.
- Receive, store, and issue parts or raw material to support production operations
- Perform picking function to create build kits for hardware integration
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with internal procedures
- Monitor shelf-life storage and maintain proper stock rotation
- Verify all inbound items are inspected for damage, relevant part numbers, and quantity
- Perform cycle counts
- Generate requests to support minimum/maximum purchases and cut purchase orders
- Coordinate outbound shipments
- Assist with tracking production work orders
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of inventory control experience in a warehouse
- ERP system experience (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Deep understanding of inventory and kitting processes
- Familiarity with forklifts and other related inventory equipment
- Experience working in aerospace, automotive, or other industrial sectors
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
The hourly rate for this role is $23 - $38.40. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.