Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
ABL's technicians build and operate critical flight, test and ground system hardware. This includes hardware at the test site and test articles. ABL's technicians are often cross disciplinary with focus areas in propulsion systems, avionics and structural elements. The ABL Apprentice Technician position offers an opportunity to train under senior ABL technicians.
- Build and maintain test facilities including propellant, high pressure, and cryogenic systems
- Work alongside engineers to execute procedures for hazardous test operations, including engine hotfires
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance on fluid system, mechanical, and electrical systems
- Work with engineers to build and maintain rocket engines and other test articles
- Responsible for cleaning of hardware, tools, valves, and regulators
- Responsible for maintaining a professional and neat work area
- Responsible for staging, installing, set-up, testing and de-staging of production hardware
- Troubleshoot failure modes and provide photo documentation and feedback to engineering
- Performs work according to procedures, specifications and test instructions
- Accurately record daily work completion to report to the lead technician
- High school diploma or GED
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A&P license
- The Technician must be willing to travel to launch and test sites to support integration and test operations
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Physically able to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 30lbs (unassisted)
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.