El Segundo, California
Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As an Integration Technician, you will be responsible for performing critical work to build the launch vehicle and supporting ground equipment. You will be responsible for the integration efforts to ensure a quality product and on-time delivery for missions. We are looking for an individual that enjoys solving complex issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Integrate launch vehicle and supporting ground equipment per work instructions, taking a lead role in resolving build non-conformances
- Test systems after integration, including high pressure leak checks
- Work alongside engineers to execute procedures effectively to safely accomplish integration and testing activities
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance on fluid, mechanical, and electrical systems
- Integration of key components and hardware, along with engine, and vehicle checkouts
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years of hands-on technical experience in integrating launch vehicle systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency with hand tools, lathes and drill presses, welding, electrical harnessing, forklifts and other light machinery
- Ability to interpret plumbing and Instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the "why" behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: there is no roadmap and ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Must be able to travel and work in extreme climates
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 50+lbs.
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
The hourly rate for this role is $23 - $38.40. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.