Site Management Lead
Long Beach, California
Corporate – Sites and Developments /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
Site Management Lead
As the Site Management Lead, you will be responsible for overseeing our facility at the Port of Long Beach. You will be ensuring that facility maintenance, infrastructure upgrades, and safety procedures are compliant and meeting ABL standards through project execution and consistency. You will also be a part of a growing team that interfaces and coordinates with many stakeholders, both internal and external to ABL. We are looking for an individual who enjoys solving problems with creative solutions, can work effectively in a fast-paced environment, and shares our passion for building, testing, and launching rockets.
- Plan and execute programs and projects required to keep the site running effectively and efficiently.
- Work with internal team members to ensure project scope is designed to fulfill the needs of the end user and the overall campus strategic plan.
- Maintain an organized workflow to track projects and their status.
- Communicate and coordinate with external vendors and contractors regarding project needs, scope, quotes, schedules, and supporting them onsite.
- Manage all location-based departmental ordering, storage, and deployments.
- Manage food service vendors and coordinating any changes.
- Coordinate with safety vendors for resupply and recertifications.
- Supervise facility technicians to maintain a clean, safe, and organized working environment.
- Support onsite engineers and technicians to ensure they have supplies and infrastructure needed to complete assigned work.
- 2+ years of experience leading improvement projects, engaging with vendors, and managing key stakeholder relationships.
- 5+ years of experience working within a facilities, construction, or manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in facilities management, construction management, business, or another related field from an accredited university.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of specialized training or work experience in one or more of the following disciplines focusing on repair, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting: HVAC systems, air compressor systems, tool repair, machine maintenance, plumbing or construction.
- Experience working in aerospace, engineering, construction sectors or fast paced environment with constantly shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Experience with Autodesk CAD drafting.
- Ability to read, review and interpret drawings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with working and coordinating across multiple teams.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Effective communication (written, verbal)
- Responsible decision-making
- Emotional intelligence
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to life 50 pounds with reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically split time between work in an office environment and in the field supervising.
- There will be some travel between our California locations of El Segundo (5-10%) and Mojave (1%).
$85,000 - $150,000 a year
The salary range for this role is $85,000.00 – $150,000.00. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.