El Segundo, California /
Corporate – Sites and Developments /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As Security Coordinator your primary responsibility will be visitor processing, customer engagement and lobby safety. In this role you are the first person to engage and greet all visitors to ABL, professionalism and a positive attitude are a must.
- Schedule, log, and verify all visitors to ABL and notify the POC of their visitor’s arrival.
- Respond to internal emails and requests promptly and concisely cc'ing Security Manager.
- Coordinate with the on-duty security guard the escort of vendors and contractors.
- Issue temporary badges to employees who have lost or forgotten their badges.
- Assist In the coordination of VIP visitors ensuring that their entry is smooth. Register all VIPs in our internal system the day of visit.
- Assist with new hire orientation: Take badge photos, create the physical badge and submit them to IT for access levels. Notify HR when ‘new hires’ are ready for orientation.
- Access management for MASP, Vandenberg and ARFL.
- CCTV video review as requested by HR or Head of Security.
- 2+ years of security experience in an industrial or business setting.
- Experience with visitor management systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with or the ability to lean Lenel and Avigilon systems
- Must be able to engage with high level civilian and military professionals competently.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with reasonable accommodations
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
$27 - $35 an hour
The compensation range for this role is $27.00 to $35.00 hourly. This is the lowest to highest range we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.