Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
We build rockets to launch small satellites.
ABL Space Systems (ABL) was founded in 2017, by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley, to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. ABL is headquartered in El Segundo, California, where it has more than 30,000 square feet of facilities for research, development, and production. ABL is a privately-owned corporation backed by a premier group of investors.
At ABL we embrace:
· Revolutionary Simplicity
· Extreme Efficiency, Everywhere
· The Ability to Launch Rapidly, from Anywhere
· All Mission Types, All the Time
We are a tight team with big goals. That means we need all hands-on deck. At ABL, every person takes ownership of their work, and understands how it impacts our mission. Accessing space doesn’t need to be expensive, complicated, or difficult, and we’re building the systems, CONOPS, and organization to prove it. Our team has come together to pursue mastery of our domains and build something bigger than ourselves. We are proud to serve the people pushing the frontiers of space technology. Our goals are ambitious. The work is challenging. We take a deep personal responsibility for everything we make. Driven by great people and greater talent, ABL is reimagining the next generation of space launches.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side.
As a Demand Planner you will help ABL scale our production and ensure launch vehicles and ground systems can be built without supply issues. Given customer demand for ABL launch vehicles, ABL must plan how many units we must build and when to execute the builds. This domain includes demand planning for outsourced piece parts, in-house manufactured piece parts, as well as manufacturing assembly and test operations. You will be responsible for understanding production schedules and need dates and ensuring hardware is in work or on order to appropriately satisfy demand. You will part of a very fast-paced team, entrusted to a wide range of unsupervised decisions affecting the prioritization, importance, and speed of business at ABL.
- The Demand Planner is responsible for gathering build requirements, priorities, and goals from ABL leadership and the Business Development and Mission Management teams.
- The Demand Planner works with the internal technical and manufacturing teams to establish plans to achieve ABL production goals.
- The Demand Planner generates clear, easy to read and understand plans in visual and written format.
- The Demand Planner communicates hardware demands to ABL's internal manufacturing centers and purchasing team to ensure both internal and external hardware is accounted for
- The Demand Planner has a thorough understanding of the vehicle bill-of-materials, its stability, release status, and potential for change and works with responsible engineers to understand appropriate hardware demand
- Bachelors degree in a technical field
- 3+ years production-level demand planning experience
- Experience with SQL script and report generation
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office
- Agility and flexibility in response to changing priorities and needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong technical understanding of a materials-resource-planning system
- 2+ years of technical program management experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Experience using JIRA, CRM software, and/or other project management systems
- Familiarity or experience with the aerospace industry
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
ABL Space Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ABL Space Systems is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.