Export Compliance Manager
Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
EXPORT COMPLIANCE MANAGER
El Segundo, CA, United States
We build rockets to launch small satellites
ABL Space Systems (ABL) was founded in 2017, by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley, to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. ABL is headquartered in El Segundo, California, where it has more than 30,000 square feet of facilities for research, development, and production. ABL is a privately-owned corporation backed by a premier group of investors.
We are a tight team with big goals. That means we need all hands on deck. At ABL, every person takes ownership of their work, and understands how it impacts our mission. Accessing space doesn’t need to be expensive, complicated, or difficult, and we’re building the systems, CONOPS, and organization to prove it. Our team has come together to pursue mastery of our domains and build something bigger than ourselves. We are proud to serve the people pushing the frontiers of space technology. Our goals are ambitious. The work is challenging. We take a deep personal responsibility for everything we make. Driven by great people and greater talent, ABL is reimagining the next generation of space launches.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
EXPORT COMPLIANCE MANAGER
ABL's Export Compliance Manager will play a pivotal role in growing ABL’s compliance team of the future. You will have immediate impact and opportunities. If you are creative, intelligent, and interested in taking on novel and complex issues, ABL wants to hear from you!
- Implement and improve the Company’s expanding export and trade compliance program
- Represent the Company in communications with US Government Agencies, including the Department of State and Department of Commerce
- Serve as the single point of contact for all internal and external inquiries related to export compliance matters, including from employees, vendors, and customers
- Provide internal and external export training and guidance, including annual and program-specific training
- Draft, coordinate, submit and manage all State and Commerce Department licenses, including TAAs and DSP-5’s
- Draft, maintain, and update all internal policies and procedures related to export and trade compliance
- Monitor changes to the ITAR, EAR, and other export and trade compliance regulations that will affect the Company
- Knowledge of and experience with the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (“ITAR”) and Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”)
- Familiarity with DECCS and SpaceLink
- Bachelor’s degree
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the launch services industry
- Knowledge of customs and import laws, rules, and regulations
- Experience with international logistics best practices
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL employees understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
ABL Space Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ABL Space Systems is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.