Senior Network Engineer
El Segundo, California /
Corporate – Information Technology /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
Senior Network Engineer
As a Senior Network Engineer you will be responsible for performing various network projects that may be as simple as adding a switch to a congested seating area to architecting the WAN network of a new launch facility abroad. You are flexible, agility is your middle name and you love the fast pace of a growing start up. You enjoy building and architecting networks that are secure, easily scalable and fast! We are looking for Senior Network Engineer who enjoys solving problems, thrives in autonomy, can work effectively in a fast-paced environment and shares our passion for building rockets.
- Installs, configures, and maintains network components
- Work with vendors to resolve complex network issues
- Support our InfoSec team on network side information security issues
- Conducts technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required and compatibility with current network
- Serves as technical specialist in network Issues, service desk escalations and emergencies
- Project manages building and launch pad turn up, vendors, space planning, with the ability to think ahead for scalability
- Configure, maintain, troubleshoot AWS VPC's and virtual networking appliances
- Configure, maintain, troubleshoot Azure networks and virtual networking appliances
- Participates in information security change board as network technical expert
- Develop and maintain network monitoring platform to ensure maximum network health and stability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Networking, or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in networking environments or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with Ubiquiti, Juniper, Aruba and Palo Alto Networks gear
- Industry certifications
- Exceptional at driving network projects to completion
- Proven experience in handling multiple projects and vendors
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to travel on short notice (Expect 25% travel)
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to life 50 pounds with reasonable accommodations
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
The salary range for this role is $155,000 - $210,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.