Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
- Take point on the infrastructure component of ABL's continuous integration and test pipelines
- Automating configuration management and deployment of ABL's on-prem and cloud networks (Infrastructure as code)
- Design, deploy and manage ground system networks and compute environments.
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations based on business need
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Implement/manage automation tools and frameworks
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Monitor the status, reliability and performance of our deployed software, detecting issues quickly and driving quality improvement over time
Near Term Responsibilities
- Designing and deploying and managing ABL's hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Architect and deploy a ABL's private PKI to support our enterprise and industrial networks
- Responsible for ABL's network security on cloud and at our various sites
- Experience in automating complex manual tasks using Python and bash
- Strong working knowledge on Linux and Windows Servers
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, network routing, switching
- Familiarity with AWS
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with 1588 PTP time sync networks
- Repo management experience - Artifactory, Gitlab, Trac
- Experience with virtualization technologies Nutanix/Vmware/Citrix
- Docker/Kubernetes experience
- Infrastructure as code tools - Ansible, Terraform
- Database server administration experience
- Microsoft active directory
- Understanding of general software and application architectures
- Skilled at debugging issues across multiple layers in a complex system
What We Look For
- 1. Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the "why" behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes.
- 2. Ability to deal with ambiguity: there is no roadmap and ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- 3. End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.