El Segundo, California /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
Tube Bender Technician
Fabricates and assembles semi-complex tubing components for launch vehicles, according to specifications, using hand tools, power tools, rotary draw tube bending machines (semi-automatic, automatic, and CNC), equipment, measuring instruments, and measuring systems. Performs work with limited direction on new assignments.
- Fabricate tubing assemblies to work orders, drawings and specifications, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Set up, operate and maintain all equipment used in the fabrication of tubing assemblies.
- Select mandrel and die sets as specified by material size and wall thickness.
- Check tube geometry using roamer measuring arm.
- Proficient computer skills
- Set-up and operate tube cutting equipment
- Remove burrs, sharp edges, or scale from work piece.
- Flare tube ends according to specification and size.
- Ensure safety standards are maintained.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of experience as a precision tube bender
- Experience with CNC tube bending equipment, including programming and tool setup for bending up to 2” diameter and mandrel bent tubing requirements
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Experience working with close tolerances
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with Inconel, titanium, aluminum and stainless steel.
- Ability to proof tubing assemblies pneumatically and hydrostatically.
- Utilize precision tube bend inspection methods similar to a roamer arm.
- Fabricate, modify and or repair hydraulic and pneumatic tubes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks and collaborate effectively with cross-departmental teams
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 4 hours minimum
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Physically able to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 50 lbs (unassisted)
- Ability to travel up to X% of the time for customer-related activities
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate and be able to travel domestically
$25.60 - $38.40 an hour
The hourly rate for this role is $25.60 - $38.40. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.