Director of Facilities
El Segundo, California /
Corporate – Sites and Developments /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As the Director of Facilities, you will have responsibility for all ABL sites. This will include setting strategic goals, management of budget and resources and the career development of the facility team across all ABL locations, both onsite and at remote launch facilities.
- Manages successful preventive maintenance program of infrastructure assets
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with senior leaders across different teams within the organization. Build trust and credibility by delivering on commitments and being a team player
- Enables business to meet and exceed operational goals by delivering safe, stimulating and socially responsible building environment
- Oversees office and manufacturing space allocation and layout
- Researches and recommends new technologies and processes to enhance facilities management
- Implements strategies to optimize cost and service levels related to utilities, plant maintenance, grounds management, janitorial, vendor management, expense management, and project management
- Committed to delivering the pipeline and partnering with cross-functional teams to ensure project success
- Manages relationship with external vendors and contractors to ensure quality service and cost-effective solutions
- Responsible for a team and manages performance of associates to include hiring, setting objectives, development goals and frequent reviews
- Actively support EHS Initiatives
- Develop a companywide training and communication plan regarding facilities activities
- Travel up to 25%
- 15+ years of operational or facility management experience
- 5+ years managing leaders or manager with direct reports
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, facilities management, or related science from accredited university
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in business, engineering, or environmental management.
- Experienced communicator with excellent Influencing skills and a proven track record of building strong relationships with Internal and External stakeholders.
- Experience in aerospace or manufacturing environment
- Strong technical knowledge of HVAC, water, electricity, EMS/BMS, preventive maintenance, energy & sustainability, and building management applications and systems
- Strong leadership, analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
$170,000 - $230,000 a year
The salary range for this role is $170,000.00 - $230,000.00. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.