Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
The Staff/ Senior Accountant will have key responsibilities on accounting team and play a crucial role in supporting our monthly close procedures.
The Staff/ Senior Accountant is an internal role that reports directly to the Finance Operations Manager. We are looking for someone with a passion for accounting and willingness to grow within the department. Ambitious and curious, the ideal candidate will feel comfortable working in a collaborative environment and researching the latest accounting standards.
- End-to-end ownership of the A/P process; ensuring bill review and coding accuracy
- Experience with general ledger review and account reconciliation
- Assist department heads with payroll review and processing
- Assist in monthly close procedures
- Provide audit support
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; Accounting degree preferred
- 2-5 years experience in accounting role
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, strong excel skills (Pivot tables, Vlookup, IF statements)
- Experience with GAAP accounting
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in a fast paced, high growth environment
- CPA or working towards CPA
What We Look For
- 1. Critical thinking: ABL employees understand the "why" behind all decisions, operational events and outcomes.
- 2. Ability to deal with ambiguity: there is not always a roadmap and ABL employees must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- 3. End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.