Sr. Manager, Workplace Services
El Segundo, California /
Corporate – Sites and Developments /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As the Sr Manager, Workplace Services, you will be responsible for leading a small team that oversees various aspects of workplace services for the organization including travel management, event planning, meeting support, corporate housing and more. In addition, as ABL is a launch provider you will be responsible for various aspects of team deployments to launch and test sites throughout the year. Your primary focus will be to ensure exceptional employee experiences and operational excellence across the programs, creating a productive and engaging work environment. Your strategic leadership, attention to detail and strong organizational skills will contribute to the overall success of the organization.
- Lead, mentor and coach the WPS team to build a best-in-class program for ABL's strategic business needs
- Effectively communicate strategic WPS policies, procedures, and goals to both internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and implement strategy for all WPS programs
- Partner with Internal stakeholders to draft new WPS policies that support the business needs
- Identify and implement new technology for travel, meetings and events to improve efficiencies and cost savings
- Build a coalition of internal partners to create, test and deliver strategies that enable the business, meet current and anticipated business needs and maintain efficiency through alignment with existing programs
- Thrive in a fast paced environment during deployments and provide the necessary support during launch activities
- Technical understanding of Global Distribution Systems, Online booking tools, Travel ecosystem and Travel management workflows.
- 10+ years of related experience
- 5+ years of experience as a manager with direct reports
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- GTP, CCTE, CSEP, CMP or equivalent certifications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience in aerospace or manufacturing environment
- Strong technical knowledge of travel platforms
- Strong leadership, analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with reasonable accommodations
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
$141,100 - $190,900 a year
The salary range for this role is $141,100 - $190,900. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.