Lead DevOps Engineer
New York, NY or Pittsburgh, PA /
When you think about your last doctor’s appointment, how much do you actually recall? If you’re like most people, you’ll likely forget over 40% of the conversation. Details fall through the cracks, generic printouts you receive end up in the trash, and important information never makes it to other doctors. Ultimately, you’re left needing to connect the dots in your care. That’s why we started Abridge with a simple thesis: if we can shift agency to consumers, we can help them stay on top of their health. When you use Abridge to record your health conversations, the conversations themselves become your medical record. It’s as easy as that.
Privacy and security is paramount at Abridge. We believe that trust is the new network effect and have invested in building the processes and policies to ensure that everyone's data, which they control, is safe and secure. With that in mind, we're looking for an engineer with DevSecOps experience to help us secure and scale our mobile app, web app, and machine learning backend.
What You'll Do:
- Proactively monitor systems and platforms for performance, availability, and capacity management.
- Manage CI/CD pipelines and Kubernetes clusters.
- Manage autoscaling technologies (e.g. launch configurations in GCP).
- Develop knowledge of how product data flows through the company.
- Build security standards for ingesting and storing data and its utilization in the data lake.
- Develop and support security testing and validation tooling.
- Improve secure coding practices, application security requirements, automation, training, and metrics.
- Review and resolve security vulnerabilities as needed.
- Help define penetration testing strategy.
Who You Are:
BS degree in computer science or related technical fieldNo degree required
- 5+ years of software development experience with 3+ year of DevSecOps experience
- Experience working on cloud infrastructure like GCP
- Hands-on technical skills in modern application deployment, CI/CD, NoSQL databases, web application firewalls, network analysis tools, and other distributed systems technologies
- Experience with modern container systems such as Docker, Kubernetes and GKE preferred
- Experience with benchmarking workloads and performance tuning
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Experience securing critical production environments having hundreds to thousands of servers
- Experience implementing security monitoring, logging, and alerting
- Experience with offensive security tools
- Experience with network discovery and application fingerprinting
- Experience running and automating vulnerability scanning systems
Ideally, You Have:
- Experience at an early-stage startup
- Experience working with machine learning production systems
- AWS, GCP, and Security certifications
Life at Abridge
At Abridge, we’re driven by our mission to bring understanding and follow-through to every medical conversation. Our culture is founded on doing things the “inverse” way in a legacy system—focusing on patients, instead of the system; focusing on outcomes, instead of billing; and focusing on the end-user experience, instead of a hospital administrator's mandate.
Abridgers are engineers, scientists, designers, and health policy experts from a diverse set of backgrounds—an experiment in alchemy that helps us transform an industry dominated by EHRs and enterprise into a consumer-driven experience, one recording at a time. We believe in strong ideas, loosely held, and place a high premium on a growth mindset. We push each other to grow and expose each other to the latest in our respective fields. Whether it’s holding a PhD-level deep dive into understanding fairness and underlying bias in machine learning models, debating the merits of a Scandinavian design philosophy in our UI/UX, or writing responses for Medicare rules to influence U.S. health policy, we prioritize sharing our findings across the team and believe that "you need to taste good things to have good taste."
Abridge is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is at the core of what we do. We actively welcome applicants from all backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation).