Coordinator, ABT National Training Curriculum (NTC) Student Examinations
New York, NY /
Education – ABT National Training Curriculum /
American Ballet Theatre (ABT) is one of the greatest dance companies in the world. Since its founding season in 1940, ABT’s mission has been to create, present, preserve, and extend the incredible repertoire of classical dancing for the widest possible audience. Headquartered in New York City, ABT is the only cultural institution of its size and stature to extensively tour, enchanting audiences for eight decades in 50 U.S. states, 45 countries, and over 480 cities worldwide. ABT’s repertoire includes full-length classics from the nineteenth century, the finest works from the early twentieth century, and acclaimed contemporary masterpieces. In 2006, by an act of Congress, ABT was designated “America’s National Ballet Company®.”
Working closely with the Director of Training Programs, the Coordinator of ABT NTC Student Examinations will serve as an integral full-time member of the NTC and Education and Training team. The Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating marketing and support for ABT’s network of 1,000+ Certified Teachers, specifically for the ABT Student Examination Program. Please note that the Coordinator is expected to work on-site at ABT's offices in New York, NY.
- Coordinate annual meetings with ABT Board of Examiners to review policies and update the ABT NTC Examination Guidelines.
- Communicate with interested ABT Certified Teachers, as well as ABT Examiners, about planning and scheduling exams.
- Send exam guidelines and documents to teachers once exam dates are confirmed.
- Organize ABT Student Exam schedules, and collect class plans and student lists from schools.
- Answer questions clarifying ABT Affiliate Exam requirements.
- Book examiner travel.
- Invoice schools for exams and submit payroll (exam fee & per diem) for examiners.
- Assemble examination materials for the ABT Examiners, including rubrics, score sheets & certificates.
- Process ABT Student Examination payments and organize mailings of exam results.
- Merge and send ABT Summer Intensive pre-accept letters to students passing 5B & up with honors.
- Order and distribute plaques for teachers and maintain an updated website list of ABT Affiliate Teachers, as well as ABT NTC Fellows.
- Update the ABT website with information on ABT Affiliate Teachers and information about ABT Student Examinations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications/Essential Skills
- Excellent written, interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills are required.
- Must work collaboratively with all administrative and artistic staff.
- Must be committed to serving the institutional efforts of ABT and to furthering its educational and artistic mission through its training programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Down-to-earth, collaborative, “roll-up-your-sleeves” personality.
- Ability to attend to multiple administrative matters simultaneously.
- Periodic weekend and evening hours.
- Familiarity with the ABT National Training Curriculum, and student examinations, is a plus.
- A high level of professionalism, good instincts, confidentiality, positive energy, and a can-do attitude.
American Ballet Theatre is a fully-vaccinated company. The selected applicant should be prepared to show proof of full vaccination and a booster shot at the time of position offered and accepted.
American Ballet Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.