Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Paris, France /
Tech – Technical R&D /
AB Tasty (www.abtasty.com) is the customer experience optimization company several times rated as one of the Best Places to Work. We help build the internet of the future by allowing brands to address their users in a personalized way. Images, messages, page structure... everything can be adapted to meet the needs, wishes, and emotions of website visitors or app users.
Are you an experienced CTO looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skills and career in a great working environment? If you are an ambitious, multitasking go-getter able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, we have the perfect job for you!
In this role, you will play a key role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth by overseeing our overall Tech department, working hand in hand with our Product team to help us stay ahead of the competition in a fast evolving environment.
You will report to the CEO, Rémi, based in Paris.
📍Contract & Location
- Permanent full-time contract
- Paris Office, with a smooth remote work policy
👀 A few examples of your responsibilities
- Create and deliver a tech oriented roadmap
- Being able to achieve a CI/CD transformation
- Manage both front-end developers team (feature teams) and Data & Infrastructure team
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
- Represent the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
- Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
- Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
- Consolidate our technology platforms and create plans for each
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Work closely with Marketing, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements
- Own security and data privacy topics
- Develop ownership within your team in order to have a strong alignment with the product team (and make sure each level of management between both teams have a direct interlocutor: CPO/CTO, Tech Director/Product Director, Tech Lead/Product Manager, etc.).
🎁 What we offer
- Huge impact. AB Tasty is only as great as our team. By driving the Tech team, you’ll have a direct impact on the company’s success.
- The opportunity to unleash your creativity. You’ll be free to use your imagination to envision and implement a tech strategy, strongly influenced by data and artificial intelligence/machine learning as well as finding the right balance between cloud providers vs costs.
- International reach. Our audience is wildly international, and our team is too. Although our HQ is located in France, our company language is English.
- Continuous education. We offer many opportunities for each employee to learn and grow from a mix of professional and non professional topics (a few examples of our permanent or latest classes: Coding lessons, blockchain class, mental health coaching, vegan cooking, …).
- Unique career opportunity. By joining a fast-growing company that’s making waves in the tech industry, you’ll have a wonderful chance to enhance your learning and advance in your career faster than you ever thought possible.
- Lots. Of. Fun. Our incredible magic makers organize awesome events, such as team games, drinks, yoga classes, parties, and a company-wide retreat every year with employees from all countries gathering for 2 days of fun.
- Remote working, flexible schedule. This isn’t a “clock in, clock out” company. We care about your productivity, not tracking every minute you’re on site. It’s up to you to always be responsible for your work, no matter where you are or what schedule you’re keeping.
- Time for yourself. After a year within AB Tasty, we offer you a day off during which we simply ask you to think about your career expectations with us. It's not always easy to find time for introspection and to envision what path can lead us to a happy career so we offer a Retreat Day as an opportunity to reflect on that. We not only aim to succeed, but also to make you succeed.
🕵️ What we look for
- A bit of experience. Minimum 10 years experience in a similar position, within a SaaS company for a team of 50 persons and more. Solid understanding of Cloud Infrastructures and Front End developments. Proven strong team-management abilities.
- A network. Thanks to your experience, you will help us strengthen and fasten our tech team growth, by developing a strong strategy around this topic. You need to anticipate constant recruitment in the team and ensure employee retention.
- Cross-countries/region management: Having managed teams in different countries with various cultures.
- Experience in technology acquisition: Being an experienced leader in merging technologies from acquisitions.
- Great communication skills. You will lead profiles from various backgrounds with various expectations, on a competitive market. As such, you need to be able to build strong relationships with all people you interact with in order to make them stick to AB Tasty. Your impressive kindness and common sense will help when dealing with key decision-makers.
- Passion for the field. You have a keen interest in technologies and get really excited about the tech world and innovations.
- Drive. You’re energetic, hard-working, and have the will to persevere through adversity until the job is done - and done impeccably. You’re massively into getting results, and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Ambition. You never settle for anything less than your best. You’re eager to be part of a team that strives to constantly grow and enjoy overcoming fresh, exciting challenges on a daily basis.
- Initiative. Once you understand the scope of a project, you’re able to work independently, often coming up with ingenious ways to reach your goals. In addition, you’re constantly exploring the world around you, looking for new ideas and opportunities.
- Reasoning and depth of learning. You’re structured and creative enough to solve most challenging problems independently. You learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and love to nerd out and go in-depth. After a few weeks, you should be able to manage Lever like a pro!
- Proficiency in English. Effective communication is one of the key aspects of this job. That’s why you need to read, write, and speak fluently in English. Other languages are a plus!
- Proficiency in French is mandatory. You need to have a perfect understanding of the French language and culture to help us grow successfully on the French market.
Our hiring process for the role is made of 5 steps:
1. Once your resume sent, our Talent Acquisition team will contact you to learn more about you or let you know when your profile doesn’t match our requirements
2. You will then meet our Tech VPs in order to get a full understanding of the role and expectations from the team
3. You might be asked to take a technical test
4. You will interview with our VP of product
5. You will meet Rémi and Alix, our CEOs so you can discuss your skills and motivation to join our team, as well as the challenges in this role
6. You will meet one of our advisors
A final check can be done to make sure that the match is good, both for AB Tasty and for you!