Senior Big Data Engineer 🕺
Paris, France /
Tech & Product – Data /
The data team, composed of 7 members who work closely with both the DevOps and the Data Science teams, is mainly in charge of developing and monitoring the data collect pipeline. The collect, which processes a few terabytes of data per day, has been deployed on a Google Cloud Platform environment and is critical to AB Tasty and Flagship. Different GCP environments are available to ensure the good development and deployment of features as well as data modelisation and documentation.
You will be required to work on different major areas :
- Streaming Data pipeline (Dataflow, Pub/Sub, Big Table, Big Query):
- Data restitution:
- Data QA
- Innovation / Research:
- Intern Analysis
- Keep up-to-date the versions of used technologies / tools
- Improve the monitoring of the plateform for each services / pipeline KPI
- Public / Internal documentation
Performances / Cost optimisation
SQL / API / Architecture optimisations / Performances
Ensure the quality of collected data, either on a technical point of view (data consistency), and the business analysis for the client (time series analysis)
Test & Learn new technologies
Propose innovative and valuable features for us and our clients
For exemple analyse the usage of our platform by our clients to optimize the way we pre-process the results
Besides the projects planned annually in the roadmap, you will have other tasks to perform regarding the continuous improvement of the platform:
What we're looking for :
- Technical skills:
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following technologies: Apache Beam or Spark, Hadoop
- Knowledge in Java, Python, and/or Golang
- At least 2 years of experiences as a (Big) Data Engineer
- Experience with cloud platform is a plus
- Good level of English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge in Clickhouse
- You understand the "CRO" and/or web analytics business
- You know what it means to work in a team, and work with other teams
- You know how to put yourself in the client's shoes when it comes to analyzing their needs
Soft Skills required:
Not conviced yet ?!
In addition to the company's human-centered values, joining the data team means being a real player in the daily life of the team by participating in "Chapter" meetings to share data culture and articles.
Do you prefer to work on Macbook or Linux? Maybe you're a Windows fan? No judgement, you will have the choice to work on the best laptops, because your comfort is important.
Needless to say, we are flexible when it comes to remote work.
Now it's time to join the best team as Data Engineer.