Big Data Engineer
Paris, France /
Tech – Data and Infrastructure /
AB Tasty (www.abtasty.com) is the customer experience optimization company several times rated as one of the Best Places to Work. We help build the internet of the future by allowing brands to address their users in a personalized way. Images, messages, page structure... everything can be adapted to meet the needs, wishes, and emotions of website visitors or app users.
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer to be part of the Data Team that is composed of 7 members who work closely with both the DevOps and the Data Science teams, is mainly in charge of developing and monitoring the data collect pipeline. The collect, which processes a few terabytes of data per day, has been deployed on a Google Cloud Platform environment and is critical to AB Tasty and Flagship. Different GCP environments are available to ensure the good development and deployment of features as well as data modelisation and documentation.
👀 A few examples of your responsibilities and missions :
- Data QA : ensure the quality of collected data, either on a technical point of view (data consistency), and the business analysis for the client (time series analysis)
- Innovation / Research: Test & Learn new technologies
- Propose innovative and valuable features for us and our clients
- Develop Big Data pipelines in the AWS environment
- Code in Python
- Automate processes by implementing CI/CD
- Have the passion and ability to write clean, readable, well-designed and well-documented code along with tests
- Streaming Data pipeline (Dataflow, Pub/Sub, Big Table, Big Query):
- Data restitution:
- SQL / API / Architecture optimisations / Performances
Performances / Cost optimisation
🕵️ What we're looking for :
- Technical skills:
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following technologies: Apache Beam or Spark, Hadoop
- Knowledge in Java, Python, and/or Golang
- At least 2 years of experiences as a (Big) Data Engineer
- Experience with cloud platform is a plus
- Good level of English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge in Clickhouse
📍Contract & Location
- Full time contract
- Paris, Bordeaux, Nantes
🎁 What we offer
- No micromanaging. Be the owner of your effort - you’ll be one of the team and fully trusted to take responsibility for your tasks. You’ll have every incentive to make a real impact.
- Continuous education.
- We offer many opportunities for each employee to learn and grow from a mix of professional and non professional topics (a few examples of our permanent or latest classes: Coding lessons, blockchain class, mental health coaching, vegan cooking, …).
- Unique career opportunity. By joining a fast-growing company that’s making waves in the tech industry, you’ll have a wonderful chance to enhance your learning and advance in your career faster than you ever thought possible.
- Lots. Of. Fun. Our incredible magic makers organize awesome events, such as team games, drinks, yoga classes, parties, and a company-wide retreat every year with employees from all countries gathering for 2 days of fun.
- Remote working, flexible schedule. This isn’t a “clock in, clock out” company. We care about your productivity, not tracking every minute you’re on site. It’s up to you to always be responsible for your work, no matter where you are or what schedule you’re keeping.
- Time for yourself. After a year within AB Tasty, we offer you a day off during which we simply ask you to think about your career expectations with us. It's not always easy to find time for introspection and to envision what path can lead us to a happy career so we offer a Retreat Day as an opportunity to reflect on that. We not only aim to succeed, but also to make you succeed.