San Francisco, CA /
Academia’s mission is to accelerate the world's research. We do this in many ways; i.e. condense the life cycle of publishing from months to minutes; provide open access to this research to everyone- for free; foster open discussion and enable the near real-time collaboration of experts and professionals on research material from every domain to facilitate the advancement of scientific discovery for the common good.
We are looking for Product Designer to help Academia.edu continue to grow and expand its features and offerings. This position will report to the Head of Design and and be an integral part of the design team while working collaboratively with Product Managers, Researchers and Engineering.
The Product Designer will be expected to execute end-to-end design experiences that deliver value to our customers and business and identify strategic design opportunities based on user research and quantitative data. This person will be expected to give and solicit feedback from the Design Team and help ensure great design outcomes across the company.
*This is a fully remote role during covid work from home guidance; the company’s executive staff will decide post-covid lockdown work policies at the appropriate time*
- Collaborate across the business to represent and optimize the end to end user journey
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision making about product direction
- Create flows, prototypes and high fidelity visuals
- Work closely with the Research team to develop a research driven strategy
- Communicate and collaborate with Engineering to ensure high-quality implementation
What We're Looking For:
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience in product design.
- A portfolio that showcases design skills with sensitivity to layout, hierarchy, typography, and color.
- Experience designing consumer facing experiences for web and mobile?
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Fluency in Figma and prototyping toolsLow ego, collaborative and open minded
Diversity and Inclusion:
Academia is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.