Grants Researcher and Editor
Academia is looking for a contractor Editor and Researcher to build our database of Grants and other research funding opportunities!
What we're looking for
Your role is to make sure Academia has the most comprehensive database of research funding opportunities (Grants, Fellowships, Research Awards, etc) in the Humanities and Social Sciences. You will own the grants database, meaning you are responsible for finding new grants, making sure they are well-described and categorized, and that our information is always accurate. As part of our Product organization, you will also be the person with the deepest understanding of Grants and Funding opportunities, and will help guide our Product Managers and engineers in developing the best possible Grants product experience.
The most important skills for a Grants Editor and Researcher are:
* Research: you will be intimately familiar with the best ways to find U.S. and international grants through online research
* Editing: you will have strong copywriting and organizational skills to make sure users can quickly find grants relevant to them
* Hustle: you have strong work ethic, are able to independently manage your own workflow, and creatively overcome problems that you face
* Ownership: you feel responsible for the quality of the product you are building, and always have ideas for how to improve our processes, strategy, and product experience
An ideal candidate would have a background in scholarly or scientific research, with some existing familiarity with different forms of academic research funding.
The Academia Story
Academia’s mission is to make every academic paper published available for free.
Our site accelerates research and supports critical breakthroughs in medicine, science, transportation and communications by allowing researchers to publish and share their own work. Not only do these scholars and researchers share their own research, they can use our platform to monitor deep analytics around the impact of their research, and track the research of academics they follow.
Over 60 million academics are Academia.edu members have added 19 million papers. Academia.edu attracts over 30 million unique visitors a month and has attracted the investment of more than $34 million from leading VC firms including Khosla Ventures, True Ventures, Spark Capital and Tencent. Our work has garnered favorable attention from trade and mainstream media including Fortune, Wired, EdTech, Venture Beat, San Francisco Business Times, The Economist, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, Scientific American and Forbes.
Academia is turning cash flow positive and revenue growth is rapid. We have 36 employees at our San Francisco Office, with 26 in engineering.
What impact will you have?
Your work will impact millions of scholars, making knowledge more accessible and fostering discussion among scholars.
This is not a full-time position; this is a contract position.
- Bachelors degree
- Strong research and copywriting skills
- Authorized to work in the United States