QA Automation Engineer (Blockchain DeFi)
Acala's mission is to build and nurture the autonomous financial infrastructure of the decentralized web. Delivering on this mission will bring more financial accessibility, opportunity, and prosperity to everyone on the planet through a new, open financial system.
Our core project is the Acala Network itself, which we expect to become the de facto DeFi parachain and stablecoin of the Polkadot ecosystem. Polkadot provides the underlying trust primitives to our parachain, upon which we’ve built our suite of financial primitives including; Multi-collateralized Stablecoin; Trustless Staking Derivatives, and Unified Decentralized Exchange. These primitives will be used by us and other teams to power open DeFi innovations, and burn away all need for the parasitic intermediaries that inhabit almost every conventional trust-based financial system.
We have secured our support from eminent backers like Polychain, Coinbase Venture, Pantera and many more. We’re still preparing Acala’s parachain launch, so there’s no better time to join our mission and be a part of the future that we’re building. Because whoever you are, we’re building it for you 🚀
About the role
We are looking for an experienced QA Automation Lead to join Acala's Blockchain Engineering team of 10+ Engineers. Our platform consists of; Rust-based blockchain nodes; an EVM of Solidity-based smart contracts; and a variety of other Fullstack elements like Typescript / React / Node.js. Our Developers already have mature pre-release checklists for these various projects, but it will be your job to help us tie them all together into a unified QA Strategy - and to automate as much of it as possible.
As the 1st QAE at Acala you will have an 'open menu' regarding what tools to use for; internal release; public beta release(s); production release; and deciding what we should (or shouldn't) be automating in the process. We have created this role now because we are ready for a dedicated QAE, and we know that there are QAEs out there who know how to lead and run QA processes 'from zero' but haven't yet been given the chance to do so - this is your opportunity.
Our ideal candidate(s) will have some exposure to build management for a set of web-based applications, and will be able to discuss the highs and lows of release scheduling at interview. We're expecting to hire someone who is familiar with blockchain concepts, but we’re open to a wide range of QAEs that might be focused on traditional applications, provided they are aware of blockchain trends and what we're building.
Competitive Salary | Full Time | Contract, 6mths+ | Remote anywhere
What you'll do
- Work with the CTO [Bryan] to create and implement a complete QA & Release Strategy
- Work with the COO [Bette] & Product Team to own all test cases
- Work with multiple Engineering teams on their QA & Release checklists
- Own Release Management tasks, and Issue tracking/sorting on Github
- Automate as much as is humanly possible across our platform
- Possible extensions; Security / Vulnerability auditing; Load and performance testing
What it takes
- 5 years (or more) experience with Production Quality Software Processes
- At least 3 years focused on QA Engineering & Release for web-based applications
- Experience as a QAE in a startup - preferably as the only QAE
- Basic knowledge of Smart Contracts / Solidity
- Bonus: Knowledge of Rust / Substrate for the Polkadot Blockchain
What we offer
- Competitive contract-based compensation (you'll have to invoice us from wherever you are)
- Flexible working hours within Pacific timezones
- Collaborative, transparent and empowering work culture
- Meaningful work on creating better technologies for a fairer future
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds
Working across New Zealand, the USA & China, our team has emerged from our shared desire for a fairer and more inclusive financial system - in direct contrast to the clear shortcomings of the current institutions that run the world. We’re just people like you, but we’re some of the leading blockchain innovators, Substrate and Rust developers, full-stack dApp developers and economists.
The community we’re building is shaped by our values and fuelled by the needs of all humans:
- Inclusion, Care, Trust, and Respect
- Guidance and Support
- Friendship, Community, Real Relationships
We’re building Acala based on a core set of values we believe are in line with the tenets of web3:
- True decentralization
- Less Trust, More Truth
- Empowering individuals with more autonomy
What We Have Achieved
Acala was founded in 2019 as an early Web3 Foundation grant recipient, and is an ecosystem and education partner of W3F and Polkadot. We have delivered 3 successful live testnet candidates acquiring 14,000 new accounts and 140,000 transactions within the first 3 weeks. And we expect to be among the first to launch on both Kusama and Polkadot in 2021. Stay tuned!
For more information on this position, our employment conditions, or anything Acala related not linked above, get in touch with our Auckland-based Talent Manager: email@example.com