VP Business Development, NYC
Commercial – Sales : Sales Global General
Acast is the world leading technology platform for on-demand audio and podcasting with offices in Stockholm, London, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Paris, Oslo and Berlin. We have over 150M monthly listens today, and are growing rapidly. At our core is a love of audio and the fascinating stories our podcasters tell.
We are a flat organization that supports a culture of autonomy and respect, and find those with an entrepreneurial spirit and curious mindset thrive at Acast.
Acast is the world's leading, independent technology platform for podcasting with offices in
Stockholm, London, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Chicago, Sydney, Paris, and Berlin. We
work with premium global publishers and independent podcasters to make great journalism and
voices heard across all devices and in all places in the world with world-leading products and
Our partners include the BBC, The FT, The Economist, Vice, Vogue, HuffPost, as well as 7,000
leading independent podcasters like My Dad Wrote a Porno, Canadian True Crime, Watch What
Crappens, Forever35, and The Daily Tech News Show to name only a few. Founded in 2014,
Acast is headquartered in one of the fastest-growing tech capitals in the world, Stockholm,
Sweden. Our awesome staff of 200+ people worldwide is filled with talented developers and
technologists, sales and marketing experts who are passionate about audio storytelling and
being part of building the next big thing in tech.
About the Role
We are now looking for an experienced business development leader to join the global team
and build up the function.
As the head of this function, you will run and oversee all business development partnerships for
Acast worldwide. You will be in charge of building up the BizDev team, be responsible for
developing deep market analyses, explore new revenue models and create strategic business
partnerships. Part of the BizDev team’s responsibilities will be to support the C-suite with
analysis for general business decisions. You will report and work closely with the Chief Business
& Strategy Officer, based in NYC.
- Execute and set up global strategic company partnerships opportunities for Acast (focus on tech partnerships but from time to time also major content partnerships)
- Explore and implement new possible revenue streams as well as develop new business models
- In charge of setting up an organization which can help internally with key business decisions
- Overseeing the day to day management of the business development team
- Consistent communication with global leads (Business/Content/Sales/Marketing) for reporting and progress.
- Working with the People team to establish and maintain a healthy, thriving work culture.
- Ensure all team members in the region are up to date and connected to the company vision and goals.
- 8-10 years of relevant business development or product management experience.
- Experience from a startup environment.
- Experience in Modeling, Forecasting, Data Management.
- Strong analytics, business planning, and leadership skills required.
- Track record of successful achievements within digital media, broadcast or new media sectors; extensive experience in dealing and managing relationships with third parties, particularly third party technology companies.
- Understanding of the technology around audio delivery e.g. infrastructure technologies, workflows, APIs etc.
- Experience of working with tech platform operators to deliver compelling end-user propositions.
- Understanding and experience of legal terminology and contract negotiation; experience in the negotiation of complex partnership contracts.
- Proven ability to develop successful long-term business relationships.
- Ambitious and target focussed with a drive to succeed.
- Bring a positive attitude and lots of passion for the medium and the people.
We believe that you are a strong, present and passionate leader that leads by energetic
example. You enjoy empowering people to live up to the best version of themselves. You
collaborate but are not afraid to make decisions to get things done and move forward for the
best of the company and staff. You are a talented motivator and presenter and have a knack for
getting people around you to join your cause. You can make spreadsheet models with your eyes
closed and use data and a splash of intuition and experience to take action. You are bold and
not afraid to make a mistake, learn from it and improve. You enjoy the limelight when necessary
to put a friendly face to a press story. You get things done - with the resources at hand. The
team is the most important to you.
We believe that you have extensive experience running a business development team or
product development team, with excellent knowledge of the media landscape from both a
technological, creative/editorial and commercial side.
You also hold excellent high-level contacts within the industry from your previous work and are
an appreciated co-worker, friend, team player and leader from all your previous employers.
You love podcasts and want to be part of the next big thing in tech!
Culture is our no.1 priority as a business. Let us repeat that, Culture is our no.1 priority as a
business! We believe people come first and we work every day to enable autonomy, continuous
improvement and bring out the best in people. We consider ourselves a modern organization
driven by strong values to create the best, fulfilling and developing culture. We very much look
forward to finding the next great person to join our great cause!
Do you want to be part of our ongoing journey? Apply now!