Software Engineer/ Frontend
Product & Tech – Tech : Tech Global Development
Acast is the world leading technology platform for on-demand audio and podcasting with offices in Stockholm, London, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Paris, Oslo and Berlin. We have over 150M monthly listens today, and are growing rapidly. At our core is a love of audio and the fascinating stories our podcasters tell.
We are a flat organization that supports a culture of autonomy and respect, and find those with an entrepreneurial spirit and curious mindset thrive at Acast.
We are looking for a Software Engineer that has experience with frontend development and building user-friendly, scalable web applications. You will work in an autonomous, purpose-driven team and take an important role in shipping new features while continuously aiming to improve the performance, stability, and scalability of the systems. You are expected to contribute with frontend development within your team but we also encourage everyone to understand and contribute to other parts of the stack. Since we use Node for many of our backend systems, you are expected to work with and be interested in learning that. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary environment with agile principles. We are cloud agnostic and run our infrastructure and systems on Azure, AWS, as well as dedicated servers.
Our engineering team is mostly located in central Stockholm, but with a remote first culture we’re able to bring on people who prefer full-time remote work.
- Believe in continuous delivery and automatic testing of web applications
- Care about design, usability and the user experience
- Are curious and can adapt quickly and enjoy a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Have a pragmatic mindset and can make trade-offs on what to optimise for in your solution
- Will take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Monthly wellness allowance
- 30 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
Our product and tech team is mostly located in central Stockholm, and this role is based in Stockholm, but with a remote first culture you are able to work remotely full or part time.
Do you want to be part of our ongoing journey? Apply now!