Product & Tech – Tech: Tech Global Engineering /
Acast was founded in 2014 and is one of the most eminent podcast platforms, and a pioneer in the open
podcast ecosystem, connecting all podcasting stakeholders to one common software infrastructure.
Through its infrastructure, Acast allows advertisers to efficiently target an engaged audience of listeners
through dynamic ad insertion, while podcasters are given access to a range of monetization opportunities and the necessary tools to expand their listener base.
The company has a global footprint across 12 countries and, during 2020, had approximately three billion
listens on Acast-connected podcasts. Today, Acast hosts more than 35,000 shows. Acast’s headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden and the Company has 12 local subsidiaries including UK, US, Australia, Norway, France, Germany, Ireland, Mexico and Canada.
About the role
We are looking for a Software Engineer that has experience with backend development. You will work in an autonomous, purpose driven team and take an important role in shipping new features while continuously increasing efficiency, stability and scalability of the systems. You are expected to contribute with backend development within your team but we also encourage everyone to understand and contribute to other parts of the stack. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary environment with agile principles. We run our infrastructure and systems on AWS. The systems are written in Node.js and Typescript and you are expected to work with and be interested in that.
Who you are
- You are interested in learning or have experience with Node.js/Typescript
- You have experience in building cloud native infrastructure on AWS, GCP or Azure
- You have a pragmatic mindset and can make trade-offs on what to optimise for and when to ship
Where you will be
- Most of our teams are hybrids with some members co-located in offices and some working remote. With a remote first way of working we want you to feel productive regardless of work location!
- Where? For this role, it can be within the UK or Sweden
- Working hours? We want to avoid teams distributed over time-zones, so this team will operate within the CET time zone for collaboration. This setup allows us for more flexibility and work-life balance.
Acast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or any of the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Culture is our number one priority as a business. We believe people come first, and we work every day to enable autonomy, continuous improvement and bring out the best in people. We’re global and have remote teams, so it’s even more important that we strive for an open, inclusive and caring environment where everyone feels visible and welcome. We consider ourselves a modern organization driven by strong values to create the best, most fulfilling and nurturing culture.
We very much look forward to finding the next great person to join our cause!