Software Engineer (Developer Productivity) - Stockholm or remote
Product & Tech – Tech : Tech Global Development
Acast is the world leading technology platform for on-demand audio and podcasting with offices in Stockholm, London, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Paris, Oslo and Berlin. We have over 150M monthly listens today, and are growing rapidly. At our core is a love of audio and the fascinating stories our podcasters tell.
We are a flat organization that supports a culture of autonomy and respect, and find those with an entrepreneurial spirit and curious mindset thrive at Acast.
We are looking for a Software Engineer that has experience with backend development and Continuous Delivery in a microservice environment. You will work in an autonomous, purpose driven team and take an important role in creating and maintaining infrastructure for the other teams. You are expected to contribute with backend development within your team as well as infrastructure setup. We are currently moving our stack to AWS and with this move, you will help automate a lot of this setup, as well as help other teams migrate and develop solutions and best practices together with them.
You will also help people understand how to do modern Continuous Delivery in a cloud native way with contract based testing, observability, monitoring/tracing and safe secrets management. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary environment with agile principles. We currently run our infrastructure and systems on Azure, AWS, as well as dedicated servers, and since we use Node.js for our backend systems, you are expected to work with and be interested in that. Most of our services are containerised.
Our engineering team is mostly located in central Stockholm, but with a remote first culture we’re able to bring on people who prefer full time remote work.
- Have experience with Continuous Delivery
- Have experience with contract based testing (or wants to learn and evangelise)
- Have experience with monitoring and application created metrics
- Have experience with Amazon ECS and Fargate (or other container management tech)
- Have experience or interest in distributed tracing/observability for microservices
- Want to build both containarised and serverless services
- Are curious and can adapt quickly and enjoy a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Have a pragmatic mindset and can make trade-offs on what to optimise for in your solutions
Do you want to be part of our ongoing journey? Apply now!