Global PR Director - Fixed-term contract
Marketing – Marketing: Marketing Global General /
Acast is the power source of podcasting, offering everything creators and advertisers need to find and reach millions of engaged listeners around the world. We’re supercharging a thriving, profitable, fair and sustainable open ecosystem for the world’s podcasts — from those of household name media brands to shows from celebrities and influencers, or simply anyone who wants to create. We connect podcasters, listeners and advertisers through the most innovative, world-class products, tools and services, and the world’s biggest podcast marketplace. Co-founded by Johan Billgren in 2014, Acast now hosts 20,000 podcasts — reaching more than 300 million immersed listeners every month and working with thousands of brands. We’re For The Stories.
For brilliant podcasters.
For smart advertisers.
For The Stories.
The company has sales teams on the ground in 10 countries around the world: The UK, US, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Sweden, Norway, France, Germany and Ireland. Our offices are located in Stockholm, London, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Paris, Berlin, Dublin and Oslo.
About the role
We have a new opportunity for an experienced and passionate PR Director with superior organisation, communication, and leadership skills, to join our global Marcomms team for a One year maternity cover contract. Based in London and reporting to the VP of Marketing, Communications and Brand, you will set and oversee the implementation of the global PR strategy for Acast - inclusive of both our brand, podcast creator and advertiser business, reaching both a corporate and consumer audience. You will ensure communications excellence through a strong understanding of different market dynamics around the world, managing the growing global PR team and agency roster. You will be responsible for clear direction, guaranteeing best practice and synergy across all PR activities in all Acast markets. Lastly, you will also work closely with the global Marketing Director, ensuring that marketing and PR work hand in hand. The PR Director's overall goal is to cement Acast as the leader in podcasting and audio on demand globally.
How you will contribute:
• Set, optimise and oversee the implementation of the global PR strategy, executing across all Acast markets
• Consistently monitor the industry and external climate to adapt PR strategy and positioning
• Manage the growing global PR team and agency roster across multiple time zones ensuring both global and local objectives are achieved Including 4+ direct reports and 3+ PR agencies.
• Analyse and interpret data/insights for a range of audiences
• Provide feedback and dialogue to key stakeholders, and evaluate current and past PR outcomes
• Manage PR crises and provide counsel to key stakeholders
The ideal skills for this role include:
• You’ll be an experienced leader with an understanding of startup-to-scaleup technology companies and culture, understanding the evolving narrative required to keep up with the pace
• An independent leader with a strong track record in driving international PR campaigns
• You will be adept at dealing with senior colleagues, partners, journalists, and industry contacts
• Experience working outside of the UK is preferable -Experience of working in the US, or with US campaigns or clients highly desirable
• A creative mindset with an ability to initiate new ideas
• A natural problem solver with a professional attitude
• The ability to communicate across departments and represent PR at a senior level within the business
• A love of podcasts is a must!
• The world’s biggest podcast company with the very best talent to collaborate with
• The opportunity to progress your career in different directions
• One of the hottest mediums right now
• Innovative and buzzy workplace, named one of Campaign Magazine’s Best Places to work in 2020
• A dynamic working culture which has adapted smoothly to WFH
• An unrivalled team culture
• Rewarding, fulfilling & hugely enjoyable
Acast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or any of the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Culture is our number one priority as a business. We believe people come first, and we work every day to enable autonomy, continuous improvement and bring out the best in people. We’re global and have remote teams, so it’s even more important that we strive for an open, inclusive and caring environment where everyone feels visible and welcome. We consider ourselves a modern organization driven by strong values to create the best, most fulfilling and nurturing culture.
We very much look forward to finding the next great person to join our cause!