Marketing Coordinator - US (NYC)
Marketing – Marketing : Marketing Local General
Acast is the world leading technology platform for on-demand audio and podcasting with offices in Stockholm, London, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Paris, Oslo and Berlin. We have over 150M monthly listens today, and are growing rapidly. At our core is a love of audio and the fascinating stories our podcasters tell.
We are a flat organization that supports a culture of autonomy and respect, and find those with an entrepreneurial spirit and curious mindset thrive at Acast.
About the Role
This is a great opportunity for a junior podcast-loving Marketing Coordinator to join our fast-growing global marketing team, based in NYC.
You will support the US Marketing and PR Managers across all of our trade marketing activities, events, consumer and trade PR activities, and social media in the North American market. This person must be passionate about podcasts and able to juggle multiple projects at once. You need to be proactive, organized, creative, and a great ambassador for Acast and our podcasts. The role would suit a junior marketing professional with experience working at either an agency, brand, or similar environment. Previous experience organizing events is a plus.
- Support the US team to execute owned Acast events, both internal and external. Examples include agency activations, attendance at trade events, coordinating education panels, hosting live podcast events, and so forth
- Manage event calendar of sponsorships and speaking opportunities and assist with day-of execution
- Support on any other marketing initiatives - internal or external - as required
- Monitor press stories relating to the company and its brand and competitors maximising opportunities for positive PR for the US team
- Creating and maintaining media lists and using media databases to research journalists
- Assist with weekly newsletter to US journalists updating them with the latest Acast news
- Contribute to Acast’s social media channels
- Track and analyse PR metrics and success
- Maintain and update PR assets and product information
- Coordinate press interviews, video shoots and demos with spokespeople where necessary
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in managing events previously (either through placement or employment)
- Candidate must be conversant in digital and social media
- First class communication, interpersonal and multitasking skills
- Candidate must work well both independently and as part of a team, and has natural affinity for podcasts
- Must have fantastic organisational skills and an innate ability to stay on top of multiple projects at once
- Must have very strong project management and decision-making skills
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Collaborate with teams across the business on product launches and marketing campaigns
- Ability to work as part of a global team
Do you want to be part of our ongoing journey? Apply now!