Senior Product Manager - Parental Leave cover - 12 month fixed term role
Stockholm / London
Product & Tech – Tech: Tech Pod Global Product /
Fixed Term /
Since 2014, Acast has been creating the world’s most valuable podcast marketplace, building the technology which connects podcast creators, advertisers and listeners.
Its marketplace spans more than 100,000 podcasts, 2,300 advertisers and 400 million monthly listens. Crucially, those listens are monetized wherever they happen - across any podcasting app or other listening platform.
The company operates worldwide and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. Acast is listed on the Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market (ACAST.ST)
At Acast, we help more podcasters make more money. Therefore, the products you build with us help podcasters reach, convert, engage and retain listeners that will love them, so they can grow their audience and make more money. Ensuring podcasters are successfully growing their audiences and making more money is at the core of everything and everyone at Acast.
Be part of a thriving, open ecosystem
Podcasting is built on RSS, which not only puts the creators in control of the relationship with their listeners but also allows them to reach everyone no matter where in the world they are, what operating systems, devices or listening platforms they use. Acast’s product offering is built on top of RSS feeds and thrives on the open ecosystem of podcasting.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join us on a fixed term basis, to lead our private audio product team, who are passionate about helping podcasters make more money through direct support from their listeners (e.g. through subscriptions to exclusive, private podcast content). The team is specifically responsible for our two private audio products: Acast+ Access and Acast+.
You’ll join an established team and further evolve the products to ensure podcasters get the best possible results out of their memberships. For this role you can be based in Sweden or the UK, however, you will work and develop close relationships with Acast colleagues all around the world, notably colleagues in the US.
As an organization that focuses on generating outcomes, we empower all product managers to create a roadmap that helps us achieve our goals which will ultimately allow podcasters to grow their audiences and make more money.
What you will do
• Drive the product roadmap, strategy and vision
• Take the lead on customer sales when required
• Continuously engage with creators and listeners to understand their needs and problems
• Align with colleagues across the business on priorities, releases and to ensure collaboration towards the same goals
• Work with your team to optimize for day-to-day execution and empower them to work independently
• Work closely with an Engineering Manager to ensure that your team is strong, healthy and happy
• Be an active part of a thriving, passionate team of other product managers
• Execute refined go-to-market strategies for new features together with product marketing
Who you are
• Prior experience as a Senior Product Manager, within or outside the world of podcasting
• You love podcasting and helping creators be successful in growing their audiences and making more money
• You have solid experience in product management, a track record of creating products that people love and a passion for product management strategies for creating effective team conditions
• You’re data-informed in your approach to product management
• You're experienced working with Agile teams and obsessed with making teams the most effective they can be
• You are fluent in both written and spoken English, and enjoy communicating with colleagues in a variety of formats and methods
• You exemplify Acast’s value of people coming first
Where you will be
• Most of our teams are hybrids with some members co-located in offices and some working remotely. With a remote-first way of working we want you to feel productive regardless of work location.
• Where? For this role, it can be within Sweden or the UK
• Working hours? This team will operate within the European time zones for collaboration.
Acast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or any of the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Culture is our number one priority as a business. We believe people come first, and we work every day to enable autonomy, continuous improvement and bring out the best in people. We’re global and have remote teams, so it’s even more important that we strive for an open, inclusive and caring environment where everyone feels visible and welcome. We consider ourselves a modern organization driven by strong values to create the best, most fulfilling and nurturing culture.
We very much look forward to finding the next great person to join our cause!