Content Development Manager - DK
Content – Content : Content Local General
Acast is the world leading technology platform for on-demand audio and podcasting with offices in Stockholm, London, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Paris, Oslo and Berlin. We have over 150M monthly listens today, and are growing rapidly. At our core is a love of audio and the fascinating stories our podcasters tell.
We are a flat organization that supports a culture of autonomy and respect, and find those with an entrepreneurial spirit and curious mindset thrive at Acast.
Acast is the world’s leading technology platform for on-demand audio and podcasters. We work with premium global publishers and independent podcasters to host, distribute, grow and monetize their audio content. Our partners include the BBC, The FT, The Economist, Vice, Schibstedt, Egmont, Vogue, HuffPost, as well as leading independent podcasters like My Dad Wrote a Porno, Spår, Watch What Crappens, the Alex Buxton show, and The Daily Tech News Show. Founded in 2014, Acast is headquartered in one of the fastest-growing tech capitals in the world, Stockholm, Sweden. We also have offices in London, New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Paris, Berlin, and Sydney. Our amazing staff of 160+ people worldwide is filled with passionate technologists, sales superstars, and marketing talents who have sharpened their skills at world-class companies.
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious and passionate Content Development Manager to set up and lead the Danish market, to be based in Copenhagen. You will be responsible for establishing relations with potential content partners to help us expand our audio content network, and help storytellers - from independents to publishers - to thrive through their passion and craft. Once partners are signed you will also manage the relationships with the existing podcasters, support their growth and work closely with our commercial teams and colleagues in our global offices. You’ll also spot the potential for new formats and podcast hosts. As well as a strong knowledge of podcasting and on-demand audio, you’ll be able to demonstrate a sensitivity to commercial opportunities and brands, as well as an appreciation of the rapidly evolving podcast landscape. Ideally, you have a creative mind, are highly organized and analytical, and a good grasp of and interest in technology. Building relationships comes easy to you, you have a strategic mind combined with a go-getter attitude. You love people and you love podcasts. Is this you? Let’s talk.
- Establish and be ever-representing of “Acast for storytellers” - on the Danish market
- Recruit, negotiate and implement contractual relationships with content providers
- Establish and manage high-level relationships with current and future content partners
- Provide support and creative direction to new creators
- Guide and assist content partners with integration into our systems
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of the podcast market and audio industry
- Commercially and Creatively gifted
- Excellent pitching, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to negotiate agreements
- Exceptional verbal and written interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills
- Team player that is collaborative, creative and highly motivated
- Fluent in both written and spoken Danish and English
- Some experience in audio production, journalism, digital media or branded content is a plus
- Great network, a plus
We are a flat organization that works towards enabling teams to make the best possible decisions rather than having decisions made for them. We believe in autonomy and a culture of continuous improvement.
Do you want to be part of our ongoing journey? Apply now!