Remote Senior Software Engineer - US
United States /
Product & Tech – Tech: Tech Global Engineering /
Acast was founded in 2014 and is the world’s largest independent podcast company.
A pioneer in the open podcast ecosystem, Acast’s powerful podcast monetization marketplace delivers for
creators and advertisers alike. Advertisers can efficiently target an engaged audience of listeners through
dynamic ad insertion, while podcasters are given access to a range of monetization opportunities — including
paid subscriptions through Acast+ — and the necessary tools to expand their listener base.
If you listen to a podcast hosted with Acast and hear an ad, it’s Acast delivering that audio behind the scenes
— and sharing revenue with the podcaster.
The company has a global footprint across 12 countries and, during 2021, had 3.75 billion listens on Acast-
connected podcasts. Today, Acast hosts 40,000 shows. Acast’s headquarters are located in Stockholm,
Sweden and the Company has nine local subsidiaries in the UK, US, Australia, Norway, France, Germany,
Ireland, Mexico and Canada.
Acast is seeking a process-oriented Senior Software Engineer with experience working on high-load, scalable systems. This candidate will be working with a team of product leaders, designers, and engineers focused on building best-in-class tools for both independent podcasters and established publishers.
This is an opportunity to join a new team early on, and impact the direction of a product used to serve thousands of podcasters and millions of their listeners. The team you’ll be joining develops products to help podcasters reach, convert, retain and engage listeners. By strengthening the affinity between the listener and podcaster, podcasters can increase their revenue and grow their audiences. Our products focus on fostering and improving the podcaster-listener bond.
Because we are a lean team, This candidate will get to own their work and collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders. We place a high value on robust, tested, and well-documented code and strive to deliver high quality software predictably and reliably.
We have a remote-first culture and are looking to hire engineers based in the Continental United States.
- Creates production-ready features, working closely with the Product team
- Architects solutions across multiple systems/teams
- Articulates the costs and benefits of a given solution amidst many options
- Plans/coordinates all aspects of a product (testing/monitoring/alerting)
- Gives reasonable estimates for products / larger features
- Makes pragmatic decisions around engineering solutions, based on cost, team velocity, risk, ease of maintenance, etc.
- Communicates clearly and composes articulate design documents to guide the team
- Shares knowledge around work, either via documentation, recorded videos, or knowledge transfer sessions
- Enjoys working as part of a team in a diverse environment, and seeks opportunities to improve the team experience
- Enjoys mentoring other members of the team, providing opportunities for others to grow their technical skills
- Leads other members of the team to be highly effective and redirects individuals when they veer off-track
- Participates in code reviews with an attention to detail and clean code principles in mind
- Additionally, willing to learn from others when needed, We can’t know everything!
Who you are:
You have advanced knowledge of React, TypeScript, and Node.js. You have a good amount of Cloud architecture experience.
Bonus characteristics include: Experience creating solutions within AWS (specifically CDK) & Some domain knowledge around podcasting or media.
Acast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or any of the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Culture is our number one priority as a business. We believe people come first, and we work every day to enable autonomy, continuous improvement and bring out the best in people. We’re global and have remote teams, so it’s even more important that we strive for an open, inclusive and caring environment where everyone feels visible and welcome. We consider ourselves a modern organization driven by strong values to create the best, most fulfilling and nurturing culture.
We very much look forward to finding the next great person to join our cause!