Senior Data Engineer
Product & Tech – Tech : Tech Global Development
Acast is the world leading technology platform for on-demand audio and podcasting with offices in Stockholm, London, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Paris, Oslo and Berlin. We have over 150M monthly listens today, and are growing rapidly. At our core is a love of audio and the fascinating stories our podcasters tell.
We are a flat organization that supports a culture of autonomy and respect, and find those with an entrepreneurial spirit and curious mindset thrive at Acast.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join a new purpose driven team that will create data driven products to help other teams provide smarter solutions to our end customers as well as core dataset for business critical use-cases such as payouts to our podcasters. This team’s ambition is to transform our data into insights. The products you build will be used by our mobile apps, the product suite we have for podcast creators and advertisers as well as by other departments within Acast.
In this role you will work with other engineers, product owners within a cross functional agile team.
- 3+ years of experience of building robust big data ETL pipelines within Hadoop Ecosystem: Spark, Hive, Presto, etc
- Are proficient in Java or Scala and Python
- Experience with AWS cloud environment: EMR, Glue, Kinesis, Athena, DynamoDB, Lambda, Redshift, etc.
- Have strong knowledge in SQL, NoSQL database design and modelling, and knowing the differences on modern big data systems and traditional data warehousing
- DevOps and infrastructure as code experience (a plus), familiar with tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloudformation, Terraform etc
- Advocate agile software development practices and balance trade-offs in time, scope and quality
- Are curious and a fast learner who can adapt quickly and enjoy a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Monthly wellness allowance
- 30 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
Our engineering team is mostly located in central Stockholm, but with a remote first culture we’re able to bring on people who prefer full time remote work from Sweden, Norway, UK, France and Germany.
Do you want to be part of our ongoing journey? Apply now!